1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Quentin Tarantino's "Bounty Law" TV series

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Bryan^H, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

https://screenrant.com/tarantino-once-upon-time-hollywood-show-bounty-law/
    from the article:
    In an interview with Deadline, Tarantino revealed he plans to write and direct all five episodes of Bounty Law, a real-life version of the '50s TV series starring Rick Dalton from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The filmmaker had mentioned writing the TV show spinoff early on while promoting the movie, but this is the first time he's firmly committed to directing it, too. As for his inspiration, Tarantino told Deadline he "ended up watching a bunch of 'Wanted', 'Dead or Alive', and 'The Rifleman', and 'Tales of Wells Fargo'" as research to "get into the mindset" for Bounty Law.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well whatever network this shows up on I'm game!
    A real dream come true for me, as I just said one full episode would have been great. We are getting five!

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The character actor possibilities that Tarantino could use for this make it very exciting.

3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I think it’s kinda funny/ironic/whatever that he wants to create and make a show inspired by those wonderful half hour 50s westerns, but says he’ll need at least a year and a half to make five half hour episodes. For the amount of time Tarantino is taking, a show being made back then would have produced at least a full season and a half of episodes, and seasons were 39 episodes then. Even pilot season and going from pitch to pilot back then was shorter than that.

Not that I’m not interested, but I would have loved to have seen Tarantino working with the kind of conditions and deadlines that the shows he’s trying to emulate were made under. I think that would be an interesting challenge for him - write five scripts in five weeks based on availability of standing sets and conforming to 1950s broadcast standards, shoot one a week, have each one going through post as he’s directing the next one, have each one ready to come out one after the next. It’s so antithetical to how they work today that it would be a great experiment for both Tarantino and the audience.

ponset, joshEH, Sam Favate and 4 others like this.