What's new

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Probably because she's sick of picking up after her husband the slob and doesn't do it anymore. She's his wife, not his maid.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Do any of you know if this is on in canada? I found it on Bravo.tv, but apparently htats for the US BRAVO station. I cant seem to find it in Bravo.ca's listings. Is there another channel playing this show? Thanks

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
"People say I look like Ellen Degeneres."
I almost spit my drink out when I hard that. It is so true though, he does look like Ellen Degeneres.

edt: I guess Jai is one of the main Fab 5 unless they just aired the episode out of order, b/c Jai has been on two and I think Blair has also. Jai showing off the mop was pretty funny.

The food and wine guy busted the guys Captin Morgan bottle. Too funny.

Thom: "Do you know what understated is? Well, this is bleak."

CraigL

Screenwriter
Jai is absolutely gorgeous! I watched the show for the first time last night and fell in love with him. Wowzers.

*swoon*

And the show kicks ass...

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Probably because she's sick of picking up after her husband the slob and doesn't do it anymore. She's his wife, not his maid.
I still don't understand how some folks can tolerate living conditions like this, I know his wife is not his maid, I am not suggesting that she is or she should be, but she was living in this filth as well. My point is that the place looked like a sterotypical bachelor pad, but they were married with kids. Hire a once a month cleaning service or better yet, maybe the Fab 5 should have spent some time on her side of the fence as well, it takes two to tango.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I really enjoyed last nights show. A great makeover for the guy and I was really rooting for him till the end. He was likeable, had allot of potential and they brought that out.

Much more entertaining than most romances on Television.

My favorite of the Fab Five is Kyan. I'd pay him to come make me over but I have to say the highlight of each episode is Carson's one liners.
When they going to sign this guy to sitcom deal?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Regarding the husband and wife episode, I just thought she too was a slob; wouldn't you almost have to be? I would of gone off on my wife(if I had one) if she was that messy.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Last night's show gave us a glimpse of what the show would be like if the guy didn't need that much of a make over. The 5 were even saying that the guy has a lot of good but the bad covers it up, while the others were just all bad. I would like to see 2 half hour shows with guys that do a lot of things right but just need a little more help along with a 1 hour show when the Fab 5 rework a total slob.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
So was the NBC airing last week a one-time deal? My TiVo is showing a 2nd episode of "Scrubs" after W&G this week.

FWIW, I generally hate reality shows with a passion but after all the buzz on this I watched the half-hour NBC version last week. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. The overall good-natured vibe was probably the reason. It was great watching the Fab Five get so invested in Butch/Brian's success. I was hoping to see more on NBC (I don't do cable/satellite).

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Since this is on during the week does Bravo still show the reruns on the weekend? I couldn't find it last weekend.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
just watched "he's a little bit country". an okay episode. this guy didn't need a whole lot of work. he seemed to be pretty hip already.

i loved how they did his apartment...minimalist is my style. it was awesome. and i was totally jealous to see them walking around the ralph lauren store - i love his stuff!

another great carson line when straight guy was telling him he had a good friend who was a lesbian: "uh-huh...and does she play softball?" :laugh:

david - i think they rerun this show throughout the week. go to bravotv.com and check out their schedule.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife and I watched the show for the first time last night "Cowboy Proposal" and "Long Hair Boomerang Guy". Very entertaining AND informative. The throwaway comments were a hoot.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Queer Eye is the cover story of the new issue of Entertainment Weekly. Here are tidbits from the article, which answer some questions about the show:

The show was greenlighted by Bravo in March of 2002 and began filming a year later.

Bravo President Jeff Gaspin was taken aback by the title, but liked the show enough to order 20 episodes. [So we have months of Queer Eye goodness ahead. :)]

Blair, the original "Culture" guy was replaced by Jai after a couple episodes. No reason given, other than that Blair wasn't working out. The episodes were shown out of order, however, which is why Jai wasn't in the 2nd & 3rd aired episodes.

The make-over (or "make-better" as they call it) takes place over 4 exhausting days. "We joke that it's one day in gay time."

A design and carpentry team assists Thom in re-vamping the subject's living quarters.

The show's producers declined to discuss the budget, but some of the cost is defrayed by product placement. But companies just can't buy their way in. "We only take them up once they've earned the Queer Eye Seal of Approval. The guys have to want to work with these brands."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Blair didnt say anything in the episode I saw. Maybe thats why he was replaced.
Glad to see that Entertainment Weekly wasnt afraid to show them on their cover especially with all the stuff our President has been saying about gays.

Colin-H

Second Unit
I've loved home improvement shows since I was a kid, but I have to say this show is awesome. What makes it stand above the other reality makeover shows is that the Fab 5 aren't just creating some fantasy space they like or using it as an outlet to execute their ideas. (That's why I really can't get into shows like Trading Spaces.) You truly get a sense that they care about upgrading – not changing – their subject. This is rare. In the end you can tell that the straight guys feel like what they're wearing is not a costume, their house is not a set, and, most importantly, they're not some character being exploited for the sake of entertainment.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Well, I guess the show has hit the mainstream. My sixty-two year old dad called me last night to talk about the last episode. He said my mom didn't really get into it (she hates any makeover type show) but he loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks