What's new

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I watched it with my wife and we thought it was funny. Probably will watch again.
Question for the guys on here. Would you let these guys come into your house and do the makeover? I have to admit they have pretty good advise.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Man, I did realize how bad I misspelled Foie Gras, I have seen it made on Food TV a half a dozen times and everyone says it is great. I don't know if would like the Foie Gras on top of Truffle's though.

I would let them come into my house and shape me up where I need to be fit.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i would totally let these guys work me over. err...maybe i should rephrase that. :D

i'm not so sure about carson's wardrobe choices - i think they're too flashy for me. but then i guess that's the point - to take a risk.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
It looks like NBC recognizes how great is this show. They are adding it to their Thurs nite line up. It's showing after (duh) Will and Grace.

Steve_AS

Second Unit
anyone catch this show? it is too too funny.

essentially five gay guys (each with their own specialty: clothing, cooking etc) team up to help a straight guy dial in his fashion sense, etc.

what i like about the show is that the gay guys seem sincere about trying to help out the straight dude. plus they make some really funny comments. they're almost over the top, but in a good way.
But you can tell the best, bitchiest stuff *isn't* making it out of the editing room. I predict the show will get 'meaner' to survive.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i dunno.

if the gay guys start being mean-spirited, then what's the point? the show is about trying to help the straight guy - not ridicule him.

Steve_AS

Second Unit
dunno.

if the gay guys start being mean-spirited, then what's the point? the show is about trying to help the straight guy - not ridicule him.
Those two dames on 'What Not To Wear' seem to get away with dissing *and* helping. ;>

I'm not necessarily talking about the guy they're helping , anyway. Did you see that episode about the guy who forgot his wife's birthday two years running (the 'foie gras' episode)? Did you see what the *wife* was wearing during the final party segment? There's no way the Fab 5 didn't trash *that*...albeit off the record.

:D :D

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I would let them make over my house as long as they don't mess with the HT stuff. I could see them now "we need to do something in this area it looks way to masculine". I think they done a great job on the guys house on the first episode. Not sure how I would like some of the food they recommend.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Honestly, I doubt they would try and do anything with the HT equipment, they know what is good.

Last night's first 10 minutes, man, the Fab 5 was on fire while looking at the mess the guy was living in; I couldn't stop laughing at their remarks. The guys just couldn't stop putting their fingers through the mans long hair, but his hair did look a lot better once it was cut.

If I lived in a house that looked like the that, how can you not expect to get ripped on? The fab 5's comments when he cut himself shaving was too funny.

I wish I had some of those type of clothing stores around by me, the denim store was pretty nice, and so was that vintage store(what was the name?), I am surprised they didn't get that brown leather jacket(maybe they did?).

"Is this art?"
"Yeah, why, you like it?"
"No."

The one guy pretending that art pole was a bong!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They might just comment on its size:

My, that's a very large subwoofer. I think someone's over-compensating! :D

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I have to say I was a bit skeptical because of the sterotype issue. TV does tend to represent the flamboyant gay men as apposed to those who aren't(I am one of them). You usually get the Jack type sterotype from Will and Grace as opposed to a Will.
Am I offended by it? No.

I watched it and enjoyed it and laughed allot. So did my partner and we'll watch it again.

Glad to see they will be reshowing it on NBC. That way it will reach a wider audience and they be able to make more of these guys over.
I wouldnt say all straight guys are clueless about fashion but working in an investment banking firm I do see good and bad fashion from both gay and straight. I know gay men who have no fashion sense as well.

Would I like to help them out? Sure. Had the same idea years ago but never acted on it. Damn it!!!

I too enjoyed allot of the tips. Having just bought a house, the tips sure help from a decorating stand point(No I am not automatically a expert at that kind of stuff because I am gay.)

I was noticing from the Website that the "African American" guy was replaced. I have to say from watching two episodes he was the wink link and didnt say much at all.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think bravo is doing some other gay-themed show. i only caught a quick bit of the commercial. "boy meets boy" (or something like that).

something about a bunch of guys and no one knows which one is gay. this one sounds more like your typical (imo "stupid") reality show - i doubt i'll watch it.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I know my wife will watch boy meets boy. I will stick to Queer eye for the straight guy. How often does this show come on?

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Tuesday's, 10:00 pm ET.

That girlfriend in the last ep looked like someone out of a Poison video.

Favorite line:

Thom (interior design):

"Is he retarded?"

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
just saw the latest episode. once again carson delivers my favorite line.

re: the first time he sees the girlfriend -- something about a prostitute wanting her boots back. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks