What's new

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (2 Viewers)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Never taking your girlfriend of two years out to dinner?

I didn't see it, but sounds like he's on the right track. :D How many times has she taken him to dinner? Or is it just the guy that's supposed to be a walking wallet?

Anyone else heard the rumor that one of the fab five is actually straight?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
haven't seen last night's ep yet...it's sitting on my tivo. my girlfriend said it was just okay.

i hadn't heard the rumor about one of them being straight. any rumors as to which one?

hmm....not sure but....but i'd bet someone's paycheck that it isn't carson. :)

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
The last 20 minutes, especially when Alan was making the drinks, had me rolling on the ground crying, and I am not exaggerating.
The part that really busted me up was after both sets of parents had arrived and they were just sitting around, not talking. Cut to the Fab 5 eyeing one another uncomfortably over their drinks. The looks on their faces were priceless!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
It is a truly enjoyable show. My wife and I bust our guts laughing, and, hmm umm, I get some styling and grooming tips.

We heard the rumor as well, but I'm betting on the styling guy. He's pretty buff, and not at all stereotypical acting.

And yes, last nights guy was an idiot.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The last 20 minutes was outrageous, even Jai ripped on him at the end. I liked it and it had some wild moments.

I couldn't believe the guy wiped the sweat off his face and neck and than turned around and wiped down his appatizer try with the same rag!!! Nuts. Thom-"You know those look pretty good, but I don't want one". Also, why the heck was he shaving when he got a straight razor shave earlier that day? Why did he shave so fast? That guy was the fastest one so far.

Since when did Gin and Tonics have 3/4 Gin and 1/4 Tonic? The look on the fathers face when he got his Whiskey on the rocks was great, Alan girlfriend(a little cutie, in the Pixie mold) laughing at him when he offered to make them a drink.

Just as Ted is saying how great those glasses are, Alan breaks them. I did feel bad at that because he liked them so much.

Ted getting cork-screwed by Carson was pretty funny, he was bleeding pretty good as it ran down his face. Man, those guys get into all kinds of stuff once they get to the victems house. They are like children.

I wish they would go on a little bit more about matching the clothing styles and colors, I wouldn't think Aqua would go with army green.

I think Ted would be the straight man if the rumor is true.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I didn't see the last new ep, with the single dad. Was it any good?

And regarding last night's show. The guy was an idiot, I mean a true moron. I couldn't believe the things he was doing at the end, after the Fab 5 helped him. I feel sorry for his girl. But if she's willing to put up with it...

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Remember that the "straight" rumor started as a blurb on Page 6 of the NY Post. Always take what they say with a grain of salt. Plus, Ted has had a (male) partner for ten years and Kyan told Oprah (on the After the Show on Oxygen) about coming out to his family when he was 19.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
as usual carson had some good zingers. what was the one about toe smegma? :laugh: also, "gin makes people happy." ha!

i found the episode pretty funny, but unfortunately, i found myself laughing at the guy instead of with him. i mean...wtf was he thinking wiping his sweat with the dishtowel then putting it on the food?

i do get a sense that he really had no clue and this was a big stretch for him. kudos for trying.

however, i really did feel bad for him when he broke the glassware. i mean, you could tell he was quite upset. his comment about how cool it was, and how he should never buy himself expensive things was quite sad. considering how frugal he is, it was probably that much worse.

i sorta liked his hair the way it was before...it seemed more hip. he looked kinda nerdy with the new haircut.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
I didn't see the last new ep, with the single dad. Was it any good?
The good thing about that ep is that the straight guy seemed to bond strongest with Carson, and that meant lots of his quips and zingers. In my opinion, Queer Eye really lucked out finding Carson - such a unique, quick-witted and entertaining character.

Wouldn't ever want to replace Kyan or Thom either - those guys know their stuff and seem keenly aware of working *for* the guys who get made over rather than *on* them.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I think this was right up his alley, "Free" Clothes and a "Free" House Makeover.. but "they" made him buy! his girlfriend a piece of Jewelry with his own money, and he made sure she knew it. Can you imagine. One of the most cheap guys I have seen in a long time on TV.

This guy pulled one over on the Fab 5 and crew and they knew it.

Still a very funny ep, these guys are great.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
Also, am I the only one who disliked his girlfriend?
a couple of people i know made that comment, but i thought she was okay. she didn't floor me or anything...but i didn't think she was too bad?

she certainly wasn't as bad as that girlfriend from a different show. the one with the knee-high boots...remember her? :eek: :)

i also agree about not laughing much after he started ranting. it really put a downer on the rest of the ep.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I got 6 out of 7 "straight" guys correct on Boy meets Boy.

So, going out on a limb here, I'm going to guess that the rumored straight guy here is:

Thom Filicia

He is the least "buff" of the 5 (in fact, a little paunchy). He was clearly hired for his expertise, not for his entertainment value (unlike Carson). And on one episode, he mentioned how you have ply the girls with liquor, or at least, that's what he has to do.

He's the one.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
the one with the knee-high boots...remember her?
As in, "there's a hooker in Trenton who wants her boots back?" :laugh: I read that she is trying to sue Queer Eye because she was portrayed so negatively and I predict her case will get as far as Blair's (read: nowhere)

Just a heads-up: Straight Eye for the Queer Shows. Besides very detailed recaps, this site has a couple of interviews with guys who've been made over on the show.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
good link patrick. the interview with the guy and his girlfriend was very interesting. a good 'behind-the-scenes' type expose.

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I seriously doubt any of them are straight. I think Ted acts the straightest of them all, but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks