What's new

Queer As Folk Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I just thought I'd pass this news along. I just picked up the soundtrack for season 5 of Queer As Folk and there is a sticker on the cover annoucing that the 5th season DVD will be available on January 10th. They certainly are getting this one out fast. Yeah. I'l be glad to complete this series.

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
Yay! Thanks for passing that along. I wonder if S5 will be priced according to the new S1 reduced price.

Also, this isn't really the right thread for it, but there's a card in the new lower-priced S1 QAF that says S2 will be released with the "new low price" on October 18. I can't wait!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Showtime bit the bullet... HBO it's your turn, drop the Six Feet Under price in half and I'll budge.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I've had the S1 set of QAF since its initial release, but after hearing about the subpar follow-up season 2 I wasn't interested in paying the premium for the boxed set (and I don't have Showtime available to watch). So if all the seasons are reduced that might be enough to get me to bite - and it would certainly be enough to get me to bite Six Feet Under - DO IT HBO!!

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I hope they sell more sets now that it is lowered. 1 show I would love the price to atleast be cut in half is La Femme Nikita! PLEASE PLEASE lower the price Warner Bros.:angry:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thanks for the info, Brian. I don't have Showtime and am very anxious to see how the series ends.

While many times the sophomore season (and more) of a show can't match the initial "grab" of Season one, I own all 4 seasons thus far and find them all well worth seeing.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
You're right about La Femme Nikita - that's the only thing that's kept me from starting that series.

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

they have re-priced the first season.
i've seen it cheaper on sites like amazon and deepdiscountdvd

Josh_HI

Second Unit

oh, well, I have never seen it in stores lower than $86 :frowning: I hope to be able to buy it soon.:frowning:

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I'm looking forward to Season 5 on DVD as well. I'd caught each of the four previous seasons on Showcase, but I missed out on taping the first episode of Season 5, so I just said "Forget it, I'll catch it on DVD eventually" like I've been doing for a lot of other shows I miss and don't wanna watch out of order (Scrubs for example. And who knows if I'll be able to pry myself away from either once they start up, but I'd really like to go DVD-only for Lost and Desperate Housewives as well).

I originally got hooked on this franchise through the original British version premiering on Showcase in 2000. Overall, I thought the UK version was a lot better than the Canadian/U.S. production, and that the story and characters were better suited to a mini-series. But I've become invested in a few of the characters in the North American version, it's the only thing of its kind on TV, and I'd like to see it through to the end. I thought the show hit a real slump in Season 3, and both Season 1 and 2 had some issues as well, but Season 4 was pretty damn good. So I feel somewhat confident that the show will end strong.

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
This has a trailer on the November released Reefer Madness, so I would think Jan 10th is solid - but doubtful with no specs, no cover, no pre orders, nothing

Any word?

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
I've been wondering what's going on with S5 as well. With no preorders anywhere, I doubt it's still coming out January 10th.

What does seem to be coming out Jan. 10, though, is the reduced price S2. I've got mine preordered for 32.99 at Deep Discount.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had to unfortunately get rid of my seasons 1 through 3 a while back. And I'm gonna get them again as soon as S2 is lowered...and hopefully released in slim packs and not the awful fold out nightmare that I had.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
It has been delayed again. . .:angry: The new release date is June 27.

I'm so disappointed . . .I don't have Showtime, so I've been eagerly waiting on this. . .

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Maybe there's some hope, then, for S3 and S4 to be lowered and repackaged in time for the debut of S5? My boyfriend is nearly done with S2 and very upset with me for not having S3 ready to go. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks