Queer As Folk DVD Problems + Questions on season 2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mitch Stevens, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

I got the QAF 6 DVD set on the day that it was released, and I've watched the entire season 1 time since I bought it. I then lend the entire season to my sister to watch on her own time, and she said there was nothing wrong with any of the disks. Well, last week, I thought it was time to watch the entire season a second time on DVD, and as I was playing each disk, I noticed that they are no longer working as they once were. [​IMG]
    The first disk, now has lots of audio drop-outs. The entire audio will just cut off completely and then come back on again during the first episode. None of the other episodes do this.
    2-4 are ok
    Disk 5, freezes up during one of the episodes. It will not let me play the episode all the way through. I tried to fast-forward through it, and it just freezes even more. I had to skip a chapter in order to go further. I then tried re-winding to see if I could, but it wouldn't't let me. There is a certain part that can not be watched no matter what.
    Disk 6, I haven't watched again yet.
    None of the disks have any finger prints, dirt, scratches, dust, etc. My sister and I always keep our disks in mint condition, and have never had to clean them, because we put them right back inside their cases, once we finish watching them. There is no dust on any of them.
    Does anyone know how these disks, which played perfectly 2 times (once with me, and once with my sister) now can not be played anymore? I would hate for this to happen with the rest of my DVD collection.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to exchange those two disks with the company the distributed them? I believe Warner Brothers is the distributor.
    Now, does anyone know when season 2 will be available to purchase on DVD? It's been so long since they finished showing season 2 on TV, surely it should be coming out on DVD soon.

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

My disc 3 won't play on both of our DVD players. Only the computer...

I returned it, and the same thing happened on the next set...

3. Nick

Nick Second Unit

I just got 4 disc from Netflix. Just pop the first disc in and every 15 seconds there's a split second of vertical lines throughout the whole disc. It did it on my PC and it also did it on my Pioneer DVD player.
    Does anybody notice that ?

Glad I didn't spend close to 100 dollars on the whole set.

4. Nick

Nick Second Unit

Just to clarify. The problem I'm seeing is on Season two disc not season one. I have no problem with season one disc(s) at all. They all played fine.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

nick, maybe you jsut got a bad set of discs?