Queensryche / Symphony X

Discussion in 'Music' started by John_Bonner, Apr 26, 2004.

1. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Saw these guys last night at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ. Great show! QR played at least 20 songs and were on for over 2 hours. Symphony X was also amazing and got an excellent reception (they are a NJ based band). I've never been to the Starland before and was pleasantly surprised at the venue. If you are a Queensryche fan on the West Coast catch this tour before they head off to Europe.

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Cool. I was actually planning on going but was tired and I'd already seen Queensrychy 3 times before (once opening for Iron Maiden, one alone in a club in Providence, RI, and last year co-headlining for Dream Theater). I believe they also did an in-store appearance at Vinatage Vinyl yesterday, which I would have gone to had I been in the area.

I wasn't aware that Symphony X was opening. They seem like they would be fun live.

3. dan-0

dan-0 Stunt Coordinator

First rock n roll show I ever saw was Queensryche opening up for AC/DC on the Who made Who tour. Good times and a great show. Saw 'em again touring for the Operation Mind Crime album, they played the whole album beginning to end, that was pretty cool!

Sounds like you had a great time, I'd like to seem them one more time.

4. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Last night they did all of Operation Mindcrime although not in sequence. They even brought out Pamela Moore who sang the "Sister Mary" parts for Suite Sister Mary. She also stuck around and did backround vocals on a couple of other songs from Mindcrime. Queensryche is one of those bands who builds momentum throughout a set. By the end of the night they were really at top form. Then came back for 4 or 5 encores.

5. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    saw them two weeks ago at the house of blues in chicago. They rocked. I think QR played for 2 1/2 hours or close to it. It was a great show. symphony x was pretty good too.