What's new

Queensryche fans? (1 Viewer)

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone in here into Queensryche?

I've been a fan since Operation:Mindcrime came out. Personally I'd like to see them make a comeback.

Brion

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Geez, do a search, dude--you'll have a bit of reading to do; saw a thread about the new remasters just a few weeks back. :)

Mike Broadman is probably a very good guy for you to talk to.

-p

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Broadman is probably a very good guy for you to talk.
And not just about Queensryche- I'm a very charming fellow.

When I first heard the Queen of the Reich, it was like a Revolution Calling. They capture the Art of Life in their music. When DeGarmo left I was Falling Down on The Road To Madness and they were Damaged, but when I heard Tribe, I was Doin' Fine. All of You should hear it. It's a Bridge to the Now Frontier. So with Hand On Heart I Take Hold of the Flame.

Saw them live with Dream Theater- kick ass! Definitely check out the remasters Empire DVD-A, and Operation: Mindcrime DVD.

"Take Hold!..."

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I just saw QR in milwaukee on sunday night. They were awesome. The original line-up was on stage. Chris DeGarmo is playing select cities when he can. I was also able to get into the sound check before the show and they played a few tunes that I haven't heard them play in a while, like Della Brown.

I also think that their latest CD, Tribe, is a great CD. I think we can get rid of the releases between Empire and Tribe and be fine with it. I don't think they even played any songs from those interim CD's. Go see them if you can on this tour.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Promise Land has some awesome songs on it as well.

"Disconnected" and "One More Time" come to mind right off hand.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I was a HUGE fan then they started going down hill, especially after Empire. Too bad really. How many of you would recommend Tribe? I might pick it up.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely recommend Tribe. It takes the best elements of their post-Promised Land direction but the songs are much tighter. I personally really like Promised Land and don't hate the next two. Q2K actually has some good songs. But Tribe is a much-needed improvement on that material.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
PL was Queensryche at their most experimental, and it worked briliantly. HITNF had some decent songs, half finished ideas, and some just plain bad (Get A Life). Q2K isn't a bad album, just a painfully bland one. After listening to it, I can't remember one song. Tribe is a pretty decent album, if you accept that Queensryche will probably never be the band they used to be.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks