1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Queensryche Evolution performance is kind of boring.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Legairre, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

I just picked this up last night and I was surprised at how bland the bands performance was. The sound was great, but no energy to the band at all. I've seen this band 3 times going back to them opening for Kiss in the 80s and twice in the 90s. Each time I though their performace was great.

On this DVD I kept they waitng for leno or Letterman to come out and ask them to have a seat on the couch after each song. It's almost like there on the Leno show. No excitement in their performance at all. It was almost like they would have rather been somewhere else and were just picking up a check.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

I knda feel the same way. Pick up Live Crime on DVD, it's way better. The band is just explosive and the DD 5.1 track is slammin'.

3. Legairre

Thanks Hank, I'll have to get that one.

4. Legairre

Picked up Operation LiveCrime today. Talk about night and day. the DD 5.1 kicks a$$ and the performance is the way I remebered the band being. Hank thanks again for the recomendation. Great DVD.

5. HankM

HankM Second Unit

Old school is always better[​IMG]

6. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I was fortunate enough to see Queensrÿche on the Operation:LIVEcrime tour (actually, I think it was called the Building Empires Tour) at the Long Beach Arena on 12/15/91. That is definately one of the best concerts I have ever seen if not the best (even better than when I saw them in '89 with Warrant and Leatherwolf on the actual Mindcrime tour).

Watching the DVD recently sure took me back. That was one hell of a performance. I'm glad to finally have this on DVD so I can retire the VHS tape that came in the LIVEcrime box set.