Queens of the Stone Age new cd and dvd....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregory E, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Gregory E

Gregory E Second Unit

Anybody have their newest CD, "Songs for the Deaf"? I was just wondering if it was any good and if anybody could tell me what was on the DVD that comes with it.....

I just saw their video for "No One Knows" and thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks.

G.

2. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

I like it a lot. Even though I liked some of the early Kyuss stuff, I could never get into 'Rated-R', even though the reviewers fawned over it, it never really earnt a lot of playing time for me.

I picked up the CD/DVD package of the latest release and have been listening to it on and off for a while. Fairly cohesive album, that has a whole range of tracks, .. some of the voice-overs get a little much after a while but overall I'm happy with it. The DVD is actually pretty cool, lots of behind the scenes stuff as well as some cool live renditions of a the tracks on the album. I would recommend it, even to people who haven't heard QOTSA before as just a straight-up damn good rock album.

3. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I actually still prefer Rated R to the new one.

The new one has a sameness to it, the songs just blend into each other. Nothing has really caught my ear as a song I would put on repeat.

I got the cd real cheap at BestBuy when it came out ($6.99) so it was a no brainer to pick up as it has the dvd bonus.

I like this group but I'll have to continue to try to get into this new one.