What's new

Queens of the Stone Age new cd and dvd.... (1 Viewer)

Gregory E

Second Unit
Anybody have their newest CD, "Songs for the Deaf"? I was just wondering if it was any good and if anybody could tell me what was on the DVD that comes with it.....

I just saw their video for "No One Knows" and thought it was pretty cool.

Thanks.

G.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
I like it a lot. Even though I liked some of the early Kyuss stuff, I could never get into 'Rated-R', even though the reviewers fawned over it, it never really earnt a lot of playing time for me.

I picked up the CD/DVD package of the latest release and have been listening to it on and off for a while. Fairly cohesive album, that has a whole range of tracks, .. some of the voice-overs get a little much after a while but overall I'm happy with it. The DVD is actually pretty cool, lots of behind the scenes stuff as well as some cool live renditions of a the tracks on the album. I would recommend it, even to people who haven't heard QOTSA before as just a straight-up damn good rock album.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I actually still prefer Rated R to the new one.

The new one has a sameness to it, the songs just blend into each other. Nothing has really caught my ear as a song I would put on repeat.

I got the cd real cheap at BestBuy when it came out ($6.99) so it was a no brainer to pick up as it has the dvd bonus.

I like this group but I'll have to continue to try to get into this new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks