What's new

Queen's Live in Budapest '86 gets theatrical release: "Hungarian Rhapsody" (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It's playing not far from me either but the dates are all on my work nights. Enjoy for me Eric!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure this was released on VHS years ago. Overall, a fun experience.

Negatives: Not entirely impressed with the 5.1 Sound. A little bass-heavy. Editing the show is one thing, editing SONGS another ("Crazy Little Thing"? REALLY!?!?!) Editing especially to add in documentary footage of the group's trip...although I understand this was originally released in Eastern Europe after the tour ended.

Positives: Freddie in EXCELLENT form, especially "Who Wants To Live Forever." They cut "Another One Bites The Dust!" And, well, it's QUEEN!!!!

Now I'm torn on whether to purchase when they get released this fall. If the songs are restored to full length, then yes. Otherwise, no sale, I'm afraid,

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
EricSchulz said:
I'm pretty sure this was released on VHS years ago.  Overall, a fun experience.  
Negatives:  Not entirely impressed with the 5.1 Sound.  A little bass-heavy.  Editing the show is one thing, editing SONGS another ("Crazy Little Thing"?  REALLY!?!?!)  Editing especially to add in documentary footage of the group's trip...although I understand this was originally released in Eastern Europe after the tour ended.
Positives:  Freddie in EXCELLENT form, especially "Who Wants To Live Forever."  They cut "Another One Bites The Dust!"  And, well, it's QUEEN!!!!
Now I'm torn on whether to purchase when they get released this fall.  If the songs are restored to full length, then yes.  Otherwise, no sale, I'm afraid,
Unfortunately what's in the film is all they have. The original negatives are "missing." HOWEVER the CD is the full show. Good and bad I'm afraid.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Michael, is the CD going to have the unedited versions of "Crazy Little Thing" and "Tie Your Mother Down?" My other "negative" was inserting "Friends Will Be Friends" in between "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions." It REALLY kills the flow....

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
EricSchulz said:
Michael, is the CD going to have the unedited versions of "Crazy Little Thing" and "Tie Your Mother Down?"  My other "negative" was inserting "Friends Will Be Friends" in between "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions."  It REALLY kills the flow....
Yes, the CD(s) offer the complete unedited show, Queen have always owned the audio, it was the video that got split up with another company. Agreed on splitting WWRY and WATC, it was a chance they took hoping it'd take off with fans, it obviously failed. As I recall with their US tour with Paul Rodgers they did it again, this time inserting "All Right Now" in between.

GeneP18

Auditioning
Real Name
Gene Porochniak
Just saw a screening tonight at my local theater (along with 2 other people - great attendance, huh?). It seems like Tear It Up, Love Of My Life, and perhaps I Want To Break Free are also edited somewhat. Another One Bites The Dust is completely missing, as is the impromptu jam before the guitar solo and You're So Square (Baby I Don't Care) and Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart) from the covers medley. There are 16-camera views of these missing segments on You Tube if you look for them (although each viewing window is so small and you can't see anything on some of the cameras). The projected ratio at the theater was 1.33:1 and the 5.1 audio wasn't all that great (although that could be a function of my theater's sound system). I would love to see them include a 16:9 version as well on the Blu-ray, even though this wasn't the original aspect ratio.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Bought the deluxe Blu-Ray tonight (with the full show on 2 CDs.) Anyone else pick this up?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks