Queen : We Will Rock You

Discussion in 'Music' started by EdHoch, Feb 16, 2005.

1. EdHoch

EdHoch Stunt Coordinator

Ed Hochstatter
    Any recent reviews of the Queen We Will Rock You musical in Vegas? I saw one of the early US "Mamma Mia" shows in San Francisco before it went to NYC, and thought it was great fun. I also recently saw the touring production of "Movin Out" which is about the only way you'll get me to experience modern dance.

I've been a huge Queen fan and am intrigued by the notion of this show. I've heard that what there is of plot centers around rock music being banned and a lone rebel with a guitar dares to fight back...

I know they have to make the songs fit somehow, and Mamma Mia stretched a bit in this regard as well. But the banned rock and rebellion thing has been done by Rush on 2112, and by Styx on Kilroy was here...

Anybody seen it? Is it worth a trip to Vegas?

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

I haven't seen it, but my friend saw it in London and he loved it. He was sitting a few rows behind Brian May who happened to be in the audience that night.

Here's a link

If you're a huge Queen fan, and Vegas isn't too far...

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I picked up the import OCR of the show. Some good, some not so good... My brother is in Vegas next weekend (25th-27th) and is seeing the show, so I will let you know what he thinks...

4. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    If you can't make it to Vegas, just wait until later this year. Brian May said he expects the show to tour the country beginning in September.