What's new

Queen to play four shows this year with Adam Lambert (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
http://www.billboard.com/news/queen-adam-lambert-playing-four-shows-this-1006692352.story#/news/queen-adam-lambert-playing-four-shows-this-1006692352.story
Sweet!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I wasn't much interested in Paul Rodgers singing with Queen, but Lambert seems like a perfect fit for them. He has a great voice.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
There are audio-only clips of Adam and Queen on YouTube from their performance at the European MTV Awards. The video versions seemed to be blocked in the US by Fremantle Entertainment.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
EricSchulz said:
There are audio-only clips of Adam and Queen on YouTube from their performance at the European MTV Awards.  The video versions seemed to be blocked in the US by Fremantle Entertainment.
Which is why I recorded it in HD on my DVR a few months ago :)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Carl Miller /t/319943/queen-to-play-four-shows-this-year-with-adam-lambert#post_3917600
I wasn't much interested in Paul Rodgers singing with Queen, but Lambert seems like a perfect fit for them. He has a great voice.

I know you may not be actually saying this, but Paul Rodgers has one of the all time great voices in Rock and Roll. I will wager that his fame, staying power and vastly memorable recordings with multiple bands will outlast Adam Lambert many times over.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristopherG /t/319943/queen-to-play-four-shows-this-year-with-adam-lambert#post_3918962

I know you may not be actually saying this, but Paul Rodgers has one of the all time great voices in Rock and Roll. I will wager that his fame, staying power and vastly memorable recordings with multiple bands will outlast Adam Lambert many times over.

Oh, I agree! I was a Bad Company fan growing up and even saw the Firm in concert my senior year in college. Rodgers has one of the best and most distinctive voices in Rock. But, as someone who grew up on Queen (News of the World was the first album I ever bought), I couldn't get into his voice matched with Queen's music. It just didn't work for me no matter how much I wanted it to. I'm not much of a fan of Lambert's studio recordings outside one or two songs I think are ok. But when I hear him sing acoustic versions of those songs, they're usually very good. I think he'd have a longer career if he played adult contemporary music actually. However, he won't and he'll be nothing more than a blip in music history 10 years from now like most every artist these days, but his voice in my opinion is well suited for Queen's music. He has the range and potentially the ability to bring the drama of Freddie's voice to the music in a way I think could be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks