What's new

Queen to officially release "At The Rainbow" '74 live show in multiple formats! (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
They mentioned a standard definition blu-ray...I take it this was filmed?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I have a crappy mono bootleg DVD of the show...it was videotaped. The show I have is from November '74 (and since it was professionally videotaped, I assume it's the show that's getting released), but the official release includes three songs cut from the bootleg version.

I am a HUGE Queen fan and have always hated the fact that I didn't see them live until 1980 (The Game Tour) and missed out on so many great early hits/album tracks that later got dropped. Great to hear live versions of these finally as there were SO MANY live shows released of the later tours that were really "hit-heavy"!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Arrived today, just before I left for work...so glad I have the next two days off!!!!
IMG_0443.jpg
IMG_0441.jpg
IMG_0442.jpg

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Great live sets, especially if you're a fan of the first three albums. They are in OUTSTANDING form! Have't watched the DVD yet...the book is excellent with some great pics.

ONE CAVEAT: Indie record stores (in the US, at least) are the only ones carrying the vinyl version. However, it is not the full shows, but highlights of the two concerts. Maybe at some point....

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Picked up the BD+CD set. The BD is sonically stunning, even if the video is merely upscaled PAL; the higher native resolution of PAL makes it look far superior to an upscale from NTSC. The band is in excellent form, and Freddie's vocals are simply astounding.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Just got the CD/SD blu, and have only listened to the CD so far. Boy, these guys rocked, 'like Led Zeppelin, but with harmonies', as Roger said. Sounds truly awesome, especially considering this is a band having just done their third album.
Can't wait to see the blu, even though it is only SD blu, ie upscaled video.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Although Queen really paid their dues by doing tons of shows to get their name out there, it's amazing how "tight" they were live, this early in their career. Unfortunately, as most older bands do, they started touring as a "hits" band and missed out on performing some great songs live.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks