What's new

Queen - Night At The Opera 5.1- Anyone heard it? (1 Viewer)

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
It was supposed to be released today, although I can't find it yet in Canada. Has anyone bought and heard it yet?

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Some retail stores may get it this week, but DVD Empire has it listed as being postponed until Nov. 27.
:angry:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bummer. I was ready to go to Best Buy today to look for A Night at the Opera, but I guess I'll wait until next week. The number of DVD-Audio releases that have been delayed is frustrating.

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
Just read at digitalaudioguide, that its delayed until January 15, 2002

Wonder whats wrong...

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Just checked on DVD Planet and it says it's TBA. This is both good and bad. Bad because I will now have to wait for an indefinate amount of time for this disc. Good becase it has just saved me money:)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Just read at digitalaudioguide, that its delayed until January 15, 2002
Great. Yet another delayed DVD-Audio title. What annoys me with DVD-Audio is that the titles are delayed at the last minute. A release date is shown by retailers for months, and then, a day or two before the announced release date, a delay is reported. :angry:
Of course, SACD has seen its fair of share of delays and cancellations. Titles seem to come and go regularly on Sony's SACD web site. Sony never lists release dates though.

Michael_T

Second Unit
Keith,

I have to disagree a bit with you in that Warners/Rhino has been basically releasing most, if not all their DVD-Audio discs on the day they indicate. Maybe 6 or so months ago, the release dates were never firm, but it seems now that 90% come out when they say they are going to come out.

I think the problem with the Queen DVD-A is that it is being marketed by DTS Entertainment (who are distributed by Valley Entertainment), and lately they have been way off on release dates on almost everything they have been releasing of late.

Anyway, the situation can only get better, because if it doesn't both DVD-A and SACD could just be a blip on the radar of commercially distributed recorded music.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, you bring up a fair point. It is true that many of the early Warner/Rhino DVD-Audio titles were delayed. I guess I have become cynical regarding the release of quality high-resolution titles. Much of my cynicism can be attributed to what Sony Music has done much of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.