What's new

Queen concert DVD's, what do you want? (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
With Queen ramping up for DVD releases, I thought it'd be interesting to learn which concert fans would like to have FIRST on DVD.
Now I understand the "Freddie Mercury Tribute" is due next April but that's not exactly Queen is it? Naturally I'm thinking of concerts while Freddie was still rockin away. So basically the poll's question goes like this;
Which Queen concert do you want released on DVD first, before any other? It can only be ONE concert.
Please be as specific as possible like answering "Milton Keyes 82" for example. Please list ONLY *one* choice.
The poll will end December 31st, 2001.
E-mail your choice to: [email protected]
Please do not post choices here, just drop me an e-mail with your selection, thanks.

M

MaxY

The Wembly Concert that they made in to a 2 disc CD on DVD would be the ultimate queen concert.

Max

Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Stunt Coordinator
I am a Queen fan, but always think that Queen sounds a lot better than they look! :D
My wish list will be to remaster, and put ALL their album into DVD-Audio! (I am eagerly waiting for the delayed A Night at the Opera
Jaw

Frank Doorhof

Stunt Coordinator
The very first life concert on Video.

I believe it's somewhere in '73 at the Rainbow.

I have that concert in a very limited VHS box.

And totaly love it.

By the way, check out the new WE WILL ROCKY YOU DTS release, this is a MAJOR step up from the previous terrible transfer.

Greetings from Holland,

Frank

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Before they bring out the concerts, I'd like to see the pop videos released, preferrably all on one disc.

Of the concerts, I'd like to see early rather than later Queen - Rainbow 72 would be excellent, or the Christmas Eve show at the Hammersmith Odeon (74?) which was shown live on the BBC.

M

MaxY

Jaw,
I can only imagine the Prophet's Song in 5.1. :D
Yes I would not mind seeing early qeen on DVD as well. I remember there was one concert they showed on MTV in the very early 80s that was pretty cool as well. Anything from around the time of New of The World would be very welcome.
My Main reason for wanting to see the Wembly concert is that it was an excellent show with a fantastic mix of their music from throughout their entire career and the muscianship was very good at that time.
BTW I have an LD with a whole bunch of their Videos on it.
Max

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I would love it if someone would release their Hyde Park Concert (Circa 75,76) It's right awter they made it big with Bohemien Rhapsody but didn't go way commercial. It was a turning point in thier live show because they debuted their new Lighting rig (or what Brian May called "gimmicks') They video taped the show (And I'm talking above par video tape not late 70's vhs) and I've seen some clips on different Documentaries so I know it's avaliable.

Beside that anything more than live at wembly, Rio or We Will Rock You...they're great shows but I've seen them to death.

Frank Doorhof

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,
I do own a double DVD with all the clips of Queen, it's labled (how else could it) Greatest Hits I & II.
It's very much like the LD version.
It was handed out for free, with my first DVD player. It must be rather special, because I never saw it again, and even the DVD profiler software does not recognise it.
Don't know if Region 1 has had the chance but in The Netherlands about a year ago there was a BIG box with all Freddie's CD's, A DVD with clips, A DVD with the Untold story (VERY GOOD), and a few CD's with demosongs, and as topping a big book.
Maybe there is a way to get that box, it's worth every penny (Brian uses to play his guitar ;) ).
Greetings from Holland,
Frank

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Frank, to the best of my knowledge, those DVDs have never been widely available. I must admit I'm amazed the Greatest Hits packages haven't been released.

Ryan_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
Frank is there any online site to order these DVDs.

I would love to see on DVD

Earl's Court 77'

Houston, Texas Dec 77'

Live at Wembly

Milton Keynes

Some 79' Live Killers footage

London concert Dec 26th 1979

Brandon

Agent
Greatest Hits 1 and 2 were only available in Europe when you purchased a Panasonic DVD player about 2.5-3 years ago. They have not be widely released, and are considered quite collectible.

The huge Freddie box set that Frank alluded to was also only available in Europe, but Parlophone did manage to make some that were Region 1 and NTSC. But it was not cheap.

As for the original question, it's hard to imagine Queen releasing something on DVD they have never released before. That means warmed over versions of previous videos, like Live at Wembley or Budapest. I would prefer their video compilations in pristine quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks