queen bootlegs - and they're legal!

Discussion in 'Music' started by andrew markworthy, Feb 8, 2005.

1. andrew markworthy

I heartily endorse the 'no bootlegs' policy of the forum, but I think this is an exception. Fed up of fans being ripped off by bootleggers, the surviving members of Queen have compiled a set of the 100 best bootleg concerts and are offering them on the following website the albums to download at 5 pounds each [about 3 concerts are being released per month]. All profits are going to charity, so there can be no accusation of money-grubbing in this.

Apologies if this has been raised before, but I couldn't see a mention of it, and I think this is a really neat idea which I wish other artists would copy.

2. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Too bad they're only offering them to download. That means the only way to get them are crappy compressed versions.

3. andrew markworthy

Given the audio standards of most bootlegs, I don't think that's too much of a problem. [​IMG]

I downloaded the 'Not Fade Away' album (from the '84 tour). Sound quality okayish for a boot, but the energy of the performance makes up for it. Stone Cold Crazy played at a suicidal pace is worth the cost alone.

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

WMA only? No thanks, I'm an iPod kind of guy.

A shame that they are not offering 192K MP3, which I would have been happy to live with, but of course, they had to have DRM.

I can understand not offering AAC, and I suppose the choice for protected files was WMA or AAC...then again, I would bet that they are loosing a lot more potential customers by going WMA than if they went AAC....there are a lot if iPods in the world....not sure how many players are out there that support WMA.

BGL

5. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I want my flac files! [​IMG]