What's new

Quatermass And The Pit DVD, not OOP! (1 Viewer)

Brett C

Second Unit
Recieved this messege from AB regarding this title,

We've sent out a notice to all our customers, notifying them that QUATERMASS & THE PIT is not out-of-print and is available for ordering.

Hopefully this will solve any availability issues out there within a few weeks.

Michael Felsher
Film Information Manager
Anchor Bay Entertainment
[email protected]

So anyone wanting to pick this up,can now avoid the ridiculous prices being asked for by the leeches on eBay...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, but it is still the same non-anamorphic transfer and (at least on the two that I have rented/borrowed) the Dolby 5.1 track has a severe flaw in that it has a strange echo effect in the rears and center channel, the DD 2.0 track is fine however.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
What's the latest on this Hammer title? I tried a search on the DVD Empire site and found it listed as not available. Both the film and the 2 pack.

I did a search on the Best Buy website and found this title: Quatermass and the Pit / Quatermass 2 [2 Pack]: Widescreen - DVD.

Anyone have either, what's the word on either disc? OOP? My goal is to find the 1967 film.

Thanks!

Nelson

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
yeah, it is the SAME OLD non-anamorphic transfer-from 1998;

at one point someone at AB or BU- alluded to as how they might upgrade all the HAMMER discs with 16x9 enhancement.

But in a recent interview with the principals-(i dont remember the name-Felsher(?)) his postion was a back-pedal to "Well-theyre GOOD ENOUGH as they are!-No need to upgrade" huh.
Which is why I suggest you get an all-region player, and buy it from the UK or Japan, where it IS anamorphically enhanced;

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i have a front projector and QATP looked fine, even though non-a.

i have several early AB titles that are non anamorphic and look better than some of MGMs recent anamorphic releases.
go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks