What's new

Quark: The Complete Series Coming To DVD (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've been holding this in all day...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! !!!!! (Dances around the room...naked!) :D :D

Long-time HTFers will understand. ;)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
The Source be praised! :D

Would it be too much to hope for a commentary with Buck Henry or Richard Benjamin?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I remember watching this show every week as a young kid on NBC and loving it, being a huge STAR WARS fan at the time. I even remember the quirky opening theme. I've never seen it since, so needless to say I'm thrilled to have a chance to own a pleasant childhood memory.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
This is BIG news!!

One of those shows I never thought I'd see again. I watched it when it first aired and also have never seen it since.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Same here. I have seen the other short lived series of the time since then (Logan's run, Fantastic Jouney, and of course Planet of the Apes). But i have not seen Quark in 30 years. Here is hoping Logan's Run and Fantastic Journey get a release.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I've been waiting for those moment for twenty years. Ever since I came across a Advance Comics/Previews ad,and found myself wishing "Why won't Quark ever come out on DVD?" and it seemed like everything else did.

Now. . . . Maybe others will know what I'm talking about when I talk about the greatness of Quark.

Before I knew about tvshowsondvd.com I started my own Quark petition to get it out on DVD. Today there's about 1400 signatures. Small compared to other shows, but I'm grateful.

Maybe someday there'll be a Quark action figure, A Quark soundtrack, a model of the Quark ship (with dropping garbage collecting maw).

Sigh. Oh sure. Everybody has a Star Trek model, but not everyone will have a Quark one.

Soon it will be time to start work on When Things Were Rotten, Captain Power, Fantastic Journey, Man From Atlantis, and others.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Today is a day of rejoicing.

James Smith

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
This almost makes up for the Batman rumor fiasco this week. As for the persons who started that rumor they can be thankful my last name isn't "Banner" or "Vader"! :laugh:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this is one I thought I'd never get to see (on DVD) in my lifetime, since Sony/Columbia don't generally licence things out to smaller labels. Glad someone there is taking a chance here.

Dave: any chance if you can find out/confirm that the original pilot episode is also included? Also, don't know if you (or Sony) are aware, but there are actually two versions of the pilot: the televised version, and a slightly longer one that has an extra scene cut from the NBC broadcast.

How do I know this? I have multi-generation copies of the NBC showings for ages, then when the HA! channel started, they ran Quark for awhile (mostly uncut). When they showed the pilot, there was a brief, slightly bawdy scene (30 seconds or so) that was not in the NBC version, and when I rewatched the off-NBC tape, I noticed there was an obvious film edit right after where the scene would've taken place (you know, the slight 'jump' in the picture and the audio 'pop' on the soundtrack). My guess is the episode was edited by the network's S&P department, so hopefully, that small scene is included on the pilot, too!

Now, someone needs to pester WB to pull their thumbs out and release the Logan's Run and Shazam! series!

Edit: Ooh, ooh! Got an idea for a commentary track (or a voice-over for the menus, etc) - they could get Bobby Porter to do it 'in-character' as Andy, the Android!

As for a 'serious' commentary, I think Buck Henry and Richard Benjamin (together) might be a nice idea. Heck, I'm sure they could even get the Barnes (Barnstable) sisters if they really tried: they're retired from acting in Louisville, KY and are much better-known for their Derby parties that for Quark.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah never thought we'd be getting this, and even thou my memories are probably better than the show I'll pick this one up.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
This show, and "Square Pegs" is for all those out there who piss and moan and say "Ohhhh I KNOW we'll NEVER see such-and-such on dvd..."

Now if we can only get "When Things Were Rotten." Then the world will be a beautiful place.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

And Logan's Run, and Cliff Hangers!, and Man from Atlantis, etc.

Heck, I'd even like to see Madame's Place! There's always going to be a ton of obscure stuff that the skeptic in each one of will be thinking, 'nah, that'll never come out!'

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I'm glad Sony is releasing this, still they need to take care of unfinished buisness with shows like All in the Family, and Mary Hartman etc, and they should've done that first.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder, Quark will be out next Tuesday if you order from Amazon. Otherwise, it will be released in October.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'll have to wait until October! (I'm :frowning: Broke :frowning: right now!) :laugh:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ordered.
also When Thing's Were Rotten needs to be announced NOW.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I remember when I was a kid, the Boston station that aired Quark (WBZ 4) stopped showing it and I had to tune in a New Hampshire channel (channel 10) to try to see it. It must have been doing really badly in the ratings. I enjoyed it. I seem to remember I audio-taped some episodes, to watch (er, hear) again later, too. And it was a black and white tv set!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
False alarm.

The early release from Amazon was cancelled. I just got an email from them stating it won't be available until October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks