What's new

Quantum Leap Season 4 - who is going to get it? (1 Viewer)

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
As topic says, will anyone here be gettign the R1 release of Quantum Leap S4? Or will many wait for the UK release.

WIth all the music cuts from the US version of S2 and S3, I ended up getting the UK release.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I am definitely getting it. Hopefully Season 5 doesn't have as long of a wait because I want to finish off the series already.

Paul

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm just curious to see if the R2 releases indicate a resolution of the clearance issues, or if the R1 division are just cheap bastards. :D If the music is replaced, I won't get it. If it's intact, I will have a gap between the S1 I own and the S4 I will own. Hopefully, it will be filled eventually with rereleases.

John*D

Second Unit

TVod has said that Music Licensing is much different and easier outside the USA.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably get the US version - the music didnt bother me all that much, Al's song from S2 aside.

John*D

Second Unit
I'll get the R1 version to match those I already have. Sucks to not have "Georgia..." in S2 considering the song is mentioned by name in the episode by Al!! :angry:

I may end up getting Season 2 and Season 5 in R2 someday just to be able to have the song played in MIA and the Series Finale.

Hopefully season 5 will arrive in the Summer or shortly after, and we'll be done.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I'm definitely not going to preorder this one. I'll wait until it's released, and if all the music is intact I'll buy it. However, if just one single has song has been replaced, I'll wait for the R2.

Chris

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Extras for QL S4:

--The Great 80’S TV Flashback
--Bonus Episode – Quantum Leap Season 5: "Liberation'

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Not I. After seeing what they did with season two and three (that, and Universal won't admit to the wrong opening credits on season one's Play It Again Seymour, but that's another topic whatsoever)., I've opted not to get anything after season one

I love the show, so it's painful - but I got to stand up to the madness. :D

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator
Shortly after Season 1 I lost interest in this series. I foudn Season 1 excellent but then Season 2 gradually developed more and more of an obsession with off-color sexual remarks and innuendos.
Just was not my 'cup of tea' anymore.
How

Mary_P

Second Unit
Nope, I gave up on "Quantum Leap" and "Northern Exposure," both shows in my Top Ten Most Wanted, after the S2 music replacements. Music's too important in those series to put up with replacements. I haven't bought R2's yet, since I am one of those people who's moderately bothered by PAL speed-up, but I may wind up doing that eventually.

Right now there's too much other stuff coming out that I'm interested in to waste my time/money with product that isn't right.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Great. A possible sign that HD-DVD TV will be MARred, at least by some companies. Hopefully, WB learned from the Kung Fu debacle.

LCD22

Screenwriter

So they did keep all of the original music for "Northern Exposure's" first season? I've read it has, but I also have read they replaced a few. I'm only interested in the first season. Since I'm asking, is everything else as aired. Is the video/audio fine?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I'll probably get it, but not for awhile. It really hurt to find out, after I bought S2, that MIA had music replacement, so much so that I haven't gone back to pick up the other seasons.

I'll just get the rest of the seasons, and record MIA, and perhaps the finale off of SciFi, and burn those to DVD just so I'll have them with the music....

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, it's that time again. Al's Place has the DVDs and has posted images of the box art, and "Music may differ" is right there on the box. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I need to start thinking about that, too. I have two DVD drives in my computer, so I suppose I could turn one of those into a R2 machine. I hate to do it, but Quantum Leap is dead in this region.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks