Quantum Leap - Region 2 releases

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Elena S, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Elena S

Elena S Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if "Quantum Leap" will be released intact in region 2? I know Ally McBeal's R2 disks have all the original music. Should we expect QL to be the same, or will they be butchered too?

2. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Which season? So far only the first season has been released in Region 2, according to amazon.co.uk

I would guess the first season would be the same as R1, which apparently had it's original music intact.

It would suck for R1 if you guys got the original songs in R2 for seasons 2 and 3! I would almost have to buy season 2 PAL just to listen to "Georgia on my Mind" in MIA if its released intact.

Anyone else got release dates for the other seasons in R2?

3. Lutz Koch

Lutz Koch Stunt Coordinator

Lutz
    There's an unofficial QL website, AL'S PLACE, where they mention a R2 release date of October 10, 2005 for QL season 2. No idea where they got that information, but I'll be interested to see if there's any substance to it. I already bought S2 and S3 in R1, but if the R2 releases should really be musically intact, I'd buy them again in an instant. Somehow I doubt it though...

4. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Play.com, who are usually pretty reliable with that kind of info.

Chris

5. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I would jump on an R2 set in an instant. I got Season 2 for the holidays, but even in episodes I hadn't seen (such as the frat episode), I could tell where they'd inserted generic music. I use an HTPC with Reclock, which adjusts framerates to eliminate judder and soundtrack speedup/slowdown, so conversion wouldn't be a problem.