What's new

Quality of satellite radio in home audio? (1 Viewer)

Michael S

Agent
Although I live in a large radio market, I hate the advertising as well as the lack of FM stations that play the genres that I like. In that light, I am curious if Delphi XM, using their home docking module kit, will provide a decent sound in a high quality home audio system. Would it be accurate to say that the quality would be somewhere in the middle between good FM and redbook CD? Thoughts--advice??

Michael S.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Mike - I think that's an accurate statement. I've been very satisfied with the audio performance of my Delphi SkyFi when plugged into my main stereo system consisting of a Sony receiver and Paradigm speakers. I've also listened to it using Amphony wireless headphones, and am perfectly satisfied with the audio quality. Granted, my ears may not be as good as they could be, but I've never found anything to complain about. It may not be quite as good as a CD, but it's definitely better than most FM stations...especially since there are no more commercials on any music channels. Enjoy!

Steve K.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have my XM Delphi plugged into a boombox
and it sounds superb.

HTF Moderator Steve Simon plugged it into his
home stereo unit and was raving about the audio
quality.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes I just hooked mine up tonight after I brought it home from Best Buy and I think it sounds fine. Granted this is my Upstairs system which is a Sony HT in a box setup, but it sounds pretty nice with the PLII Music mode on the amp. Definately better than my Compressed Digital Cable Music channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks