Quality of Radiohead Recordings

Discussion in 'Music' started by JordanS, Jul 27, 2003.

1. JordanS

JordanS Second Unit

Hello,

After searching for a while, I really couldn't find too many posts regarding the quality of the sound.

What is the general consensus with their recordings? Do you find the recordings exceptional like the "Brothers In Arms" album; or average? above average? lackluster?

Thank you.

2. RaulR

RaulR Stunt Coordinator

Starting with OK Computer, Radiohead and their producer Nigel Godrich had more-or-less full control of the content of their albums. In other words, everything from OKC onwards sounds exactly the way they intended it to. None of their recordings sound like Brothers in Arms, and that's because they have never been interested in doing that kind of clean (and antiseptic, in my opinion) sound.

3. Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco Second Unit

I don't know about you guys, but I think Ok Computer would be a GREAT SACD!! I'm hoping it comes out soon...

4. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member

Doug
    As far as I'm concerned, Amnesiac is one of the finest Redbook CD recordings I own. Absolutely awesome engineering and mastering, not to mention a fantastic collection of songs.

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I have a slightly different perspective. When I *first* heard a lot of the Radiohead CDs, I thought the recording quality was very bad. But then as I listened to them more and more, I got the impression that the way that each CD was recorded was part of the overall artistic presentation. Kind of hard to explain. I do like them a lot. But they do use a lot of "processing" in their recordings. In the end, I do think it adds to what they are trying to get across. Hard to explain... [​IMG]