What's new

Quadrophenia (1 Viewer)

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
What happened to this DVD. It was supposed to have been released three months ago. How is the region 2 release?

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
If I am remembering correctly, the Region 2 release is not very good, and one should wait for the Region 1 one....

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
Although the film is one of my favourites, the region 2 DVD is very poor (Full Frame ratio with 8 minute photo montage)
It's a shame my 1st post has to be negative.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Isn't Quadrophenia a Rhino release? The delay isn't a surprise, considering their record, and I doubt the quality will be much to get excited about. I seem to recall Rhino announcing it as a full-frame disc.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Well if that's the case my LaserDisc is still good
I believed they pulled the same stunt on the kids are alright
------------------
Why?
Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me?
It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know.
It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself.
It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape.
I am a superhero!
A very very busy superhero! Who does...things!
Now get out of here before I tell your mother.
AND DON'T TRAMPLE MY BEGONIAS!
-Space Ghost..

Neil White

Supporting Actor
I just did an update in DVD Profiler and noticed that there are new details on this. Looks like a 9/25/01 release.
Hope it's true. 5.1 and maybe anamorphic.
Holy crap - look at the extras listed on the Amazon site!
Neil
[Edited last by Neil White on September 02, 2001 at 12:19 AM]

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Actually, this wasn't supposed to come out 3 months ago. Originally, it was slated for October of last year. I too am getting very very sick of this.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
By the way, it's a little ominous that the Rhino page makes no reference to aspect ratio.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Jon linked to my review at DVD Angle above. The disc is outstanding. I wasn't expecting all of the great extras, and the audio and video quality is excellent. They may to seem top-notch on the surface, but when you take a look at the resotration comparison on the disc you'll be very pleased with the results. It is a very solid package.

After reading the thread and the "Anamorphic!" comment, I went back and double checked the disc. When I write reviews, I usually switch to 16:9 mode just to make sure that the disc is in fact anamorphic. I remembered that for some reason I hadn't done that with this disc. The packaging lists "...original theatrical format. 16X9 letterbox." Well, I put my player in anamorphic mode just a few minutes ago and played the disc. The black bars on the 1.85:1 frame do not disappear, and the image is not "unsqueezed" which would indicate that the disc isn't actually anamorphic (despite the listing on the package). I am really sorry for the confusion, and I will be sure to update my review accordingly.
[Edited last by Michael Riesenbeck on September 02, 2001 at 02:07 PM]

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Pah! As if that's going to stop me. :)
I saw this a few years back on a giant 80-foot outdoor screen at Battersea Park down in South London. It was a four-day free movie festival and we saw (at around 9.30pm every night after dark) Jurassic Park, Quadrophenia, The Full Monty and something else which escapes me now...
In any case, get the disc!

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
altho dvdpricesearch.com comes up empty, BestBuy shows if at $19.99 for release on tuesday in their current flyer. look here , requires Acrobat.
[Edited last by Craig Robertson on September 23, 2001 at 01:43 PM]

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I'm a big fan of The Who so I will definetly pick this one up on Tuesday at BB.
I recently sold off my VHS copy of the movie on Half.com for a pretty good price.
Quad is actually a pretty good film even if you usually don't like rock films. Love the SeaSide Riot scene. Sting is also very good in this movie.
JohnG
patriot.gif

------------------

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so is this actually hitting shelves today(9-25) or not??
------------------
"who needs padding when you can have quality over quantity? more isn't always better." just my 2 cents on post count padders.-----

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks