What's new

QT Talks "Kill Bill" dvd (1 Viewer)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I saw it a little while ago. Great flick. I'll buy all the DVDs. Where it stops is fine. The gore and swordplay reminded me a bit of the Lone Wolf and Cub samurai flicks.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
I hope the Miramax releases turn out good because we need good shaw brothers DVDs in the US.

For shaw brothers films check out:
Five Fingers of Death
Five Deadly Venoms
Shaolin Master Killer
Invincible Pole Fighter

Other Asian films that you should see if you dug Kill Bill:
Lone Wolf and Cub
Master of the Flying Guillotine
Lady Snowblood (if you can find it)
Chungking Express
Battle Royale
Ichi the Killer

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
Acutally there is a spray of blood when Maul is sliced in half.....

I would have liked to have seen some bloody mashed up gungans though...

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Great movie--far more interesting than I expected. The anime and black and white sequences seemed perfectly natural to me. I can't imagine the film without those effects. I'm afraid I'll buy it on DVD any way/ways it comes out. I'm ready, so ready, for Volume 2.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
if you just wanna try some stuff out you can get the following at hkflix.com for 4.95 a piece, they're the best versions available in R1 for now.

Avenging Eagle
Executioners From Shaolin
Fist of the White Lotus
Invincible Shaolin
Chinatown Kid
Return of the Master Killer

Also you can get a 10 movie/5 double sided DVD box set of Sonny Chiba films for 15 bucks, it's called the 10 faces of Sonny Chiba. It has the 4 Street Fighter films which are good, especially the first. The rest are hit and miss. But the 4 Street Fighter films are worth 15 bucks and they're the best versions of them available in the US so far.

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the Japanese print runs approx. 2 minutes longer. The B&W fight scene is shown in colour and other reported differences include: a bit more added to the anime sequence, more blood in the fight scenes and you get to see what other damage the Bride inflicts on Sophie Fatale.

I'm seeing this in Japan next weekend and can't wait. I absolutely love this film. :)

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Hello,

Do you think they'll release Volume 1 before Volume 2 is out in theatres (in Feb) for those who missed the 1st one?

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I would imagine it'll either be released on DVD and/or rereleased in theaters just before 2 comes out. They have to be able to entice people who haven't seen the first part to want to see the conclusion of it. Four month theater to DVD windows are certainly viable these days.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think we'll get KB vol 1 on DVD in Feb to go along with Vol 2s theaterical release.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
>I think we'll get KB vol 1 on DVD in Feb to go along with Vol 2s theaterical release.

I would hope so. Otherwise I see no point in the release of Vol 1 and Vol 2 as seperate DVD releases as has been reported. It would make no sense.

What Miramax should do is release the bare bones Kill Bill Vol 1 dvd on the Tuesday of the week Vol 2 is released. It would be a huge seller and will help get more people in the door for Vol 2

~Jason

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Regarding Master of the Flying Guillotine...

and the bad guy wields a buzz-saw-like weapon attached to a chain, similar to Go-Go's weapon
Yes... that was called a flying guillotine. :D I wouldn't be surprised if including Gogo and her unique weapon was an homage to Master of the Flying Guillotine. It was a pretty remarkable movie for its time, and even now, but I think this martial arts movie was a bit much for me. I think it was too overhyped or something by QT, or it could just have been something totally different from what I was expecting, in a bad way. However, I still would recommend anyone else to give it a rental as it is a solid piece of martial arts action.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure there will be a DVD before Vol 2 opens. Count me in for the release as well, prior to the release of the film I said if it was good I would only buy one version that was edited together. But after being blown away by the film, I'm not going to wait that long.

Gregg, love the pie quote from Family Guy in your sig. One of the funniest lines in the series.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Well, it looks like we have a date. They list it for Feburary 11th at dvdboxoffice.com . I'm excited. Here are some of the possibilities:

1) Volume 1 and Volume 2 by themselves basically bones, kind of like Reloaded. 1-discers each.

2) Volume 1 and 2 edited together into one big 3 hour epic with or without the extra Japanese bloody goodness.

3) Another one with the other mysterious thing he was talking about in that article.

Either way we're probably going to end up with about 6+ discs from the different releases *mouth salivates* . I know most are against double dipping (I am too) but in this case, it's really like a Lord of the Rings thing. I really can't see myself not buying each different version.

Now slightly OT of DVD, anyone know where to get one of those spiffy tracksuits? I am determined to dress up for Volume 2 (No, I'm not a girl. Hey, Bruce Lee wore the same one in Game of Death!)

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Take a picture of yourself and post it here if you find one.

Btw, even tho if they edit vol 1 and 2 together, the movie's stil be splitted on two disc.

I hope we'll get the japanese version and 2 disc for movie only.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

The only bending I want to see Scissorhands doing, is over his desk, while all the edits he ever did, on reel(s), are stuck where the sun doesn't shine...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks