What's new

QT Talks "Kill Bill" dvd (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
at first it sounded like he was mocking PJ but then I realized he was being sincere

hell why not, if PJ can do it so can he, at least he is telling everyone upfront

step 1: let's see how the movie (Part 1) is come next week

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Gordon Liu (Master Killer ) and Sonny Chiba (THE STREET FIGHTER) in the same film ???? You Better Believe im in there !!!! :D :D :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Having just seen Kill Bill, I sincerely hope Part II is an improvement or there won't be much of an audience for this DVD beyond hard core fans of QT.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
With all the talks about the Japanese alternate cuts and such, I really don't care as long as they are included in one form or another on Region 1 DVD. Slighty OT about QT, Kill Bill's budget is more than twice his first 3 films combined (As 1 movie not 2)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I would love to see the full color blood-fest that appears to be the Japanese release. Well, maybe I sould moderate my hyperbole until after I see the U.S. version.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If this release plan holds true, I'll definitely hold out for the final edition. After seeing Volume 1, I'm fully convinced that Kill Bill will work better as one piece.

And at least Q.T. let us know of his plans ahead of time. I do appreciate that.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
I plan to see them, and I'm really quite excited about Volume I ... but something about QT's latest offering leaves me ill at ease ... um ... hmmm ... nope, I can't quite put my finger on it ....

richardWI

Second Unit
QT is rarely low on enthusiasm, I'll give him that, but in the case of KB he's counting chickens before they hatch.

Spliting the movie in half just seems like a cynical, cash in move rather than a carefully planned, artisic choice. After a certain other movie came out this year I'm pretty burned out on paying full price for half a movie. These DVD ideas seem to push it even further in that direction.

...Unless KB somehow turns out to be Citizen Kane quality, but the decapitations might prevent it from being that.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Eh, Lord of the Rings was one movie chopped into 3 pieces, so you never got more then a third of a movie there. Of course it was a really LONG third, but Fellowship or Two Towers told as much of the story as Matrix Reloaded did. As for Kill Bill, holding out till I see it, but I do think saying people won't sit through a three hour movie just doesn't hold water, as the second highest grossing movies each of the last two years have been right at the three hour mark, and the current BO fav for this year may be as much as three and a half.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
True Romance is one of my favourite movies ever, and Pulp Fiction is a classic, but i don't think i'll be watching Kill Bill until both DVDs are in my hands. i don't want to support a studio that splits a movie in 2 for (what i think is) profit. and to be honest, the Tarantino dialogue wears a bit thin sometimes, so i can afford to wait. the kung fu fighting does get me excited though.

richardWI

Second Unit
Lord of the Rings was one movie chopped into 3 pieces, so you never got more then a third of a movie there.
Yes, and it's a satisfying movie experience because the two movies so far had strong begining, middle, and endings. Structurally, they work within the conventions laid down for individual movies. They both adhere to the three act structure. Reloaded ends in mid-act and it's less satsifying. It's more artificial. If it instinctively feels artificial, then it will feel like you paid full price for a 2-and-half act movie. (Can't go to the moon on fractions!)

...The word I've gotten on the KB split is it's the equivalent of stopping "Fellowship" at the Council of Elrond. Probably internet BS, but I guess we'll see.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
The comparison to LOTR is no valid in my opinion. The Lord of the Rings movies have been designed as three seperate movies from scratch.
Kill Bill was written and filmed as a single film and chopped in two afterwards.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
As for Kill Bill, holding out till I see it, but I do think saying people won't sit through a three hour movie just doesn't hold water, as the second highest grossing movies each of the last two years have been right at the three hour mark, and the current BO fav for this year may be as much as three and a half.
And the number one films were 2 1/2 hours long - and were kids films.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Man I don't like the reports I'm hering about KB.

And if QT is going to do this as planned, tahn either the big double disc release or the 2 single releases better be a different cut of the movie.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Spliting the movie in half just seems like a cynical, cash in move rather than a carefully planned, artisic choice.
Quentin did not split the film in two to "cash in" on more ticket sales. He WANTED to release just one 3 hour movie, but the studio wouldn't let him. They insisted that it be cut down to under 2 hours so they could have more showtimes in theaters. He wasn't willing to cut that much out of the film, so after much negotiating they agreed to release it in 2 parts so that he could show the full story as he originally intended. So I'd say what he did WAS for artistic reasons, not for money. It's the studio that was being greedy and selfish. They should have just let him release his 3 hour epic as he originally planned.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Interesting point about the multiple dvd release, but I find his opinion about movies today very interesting. Click on what he says about Kill Bill 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks