1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

QSC USA 850 power amp questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn Solar, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Just picked one up used in pretty good condition. I don't have a manual so I'm not sure on how to bridge it. If is the same as the USA 900 I can get the manual for that but otherwise I'm stuck. Any body have one? know how to bridge it? It is older and is not even on the QSC website. Thanks[​IMG]

2. John A. Gordon

John A. Gordon Stunt Coordinator

JohnG
    Hello Shawn,
    Congrats on the purchase of a used QSC amplifier.
    Bridging the USA 850 is quite simple. You simply move the switch to the bridge position. The switch is located below the input barrier strip. You connect the speakers to the two red binding posts. Only use input ch. 1 (do not use ch. 2), you will use the ch. 1 gain, ch. 2 gain should be kept off.
    As for the manual, I'll send you an e-mail with the 850 manual attached as a pdf file. You should be good to go then.
    If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks.

3. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Thank you very much[​IMG]
    I appreciate the time you took to send me a manual. The amp is up and working. Had it justa blasting and didn't seem to phase it. The fan on this particular model is very quite. Either that or it doen't turn on until needed.

4. John A. Gordon

John A. Gordon Stunt Coordinator

JohnG
    Glad to hear the 850 is working for you, or as you say, "justa blasting." Just make sure you do not blast your speakers or something else in your room [​IMG]
    Happy listening.