What's new

QSC RMX1450 okay for DIY Tempest? (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
I didn't know whether to post this here or in DIY...there's a fellow student near me that's selling a QSC RMX1450 for $225, which seems to be a good price.

I was wondering if anybody knew why the spec isn't posted on the site for a 2-ohm bridged load? I assume that it's because the amp isn't stable at that level? Other than that, I could just wire one channel (when in stereo) to each voice coil I guess.

Any comments on this amp (at this price) would be greatly appreciated.

Mitch N

Stunt Coordinator
Taken from website

"The RMX 1850HD provides improved thermal performance that gives you higher continuous power in 2-ohms stereo or 4-ohms bridged applications (a RMX 1850HD exclusive!)"

But it's a good amp for your application albeit a bit overpowering depending on your enclosure.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A friend of mine is using this amp in bridged mode for his 17.5Hz tuned Tempest and it works great. If you are going with a large enclosure and a low tune, it should work great. I don't have an answer about 2 Ohm operation though.

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently using a 2450RMX to drive 2 CS Ultras at 2 ohms stereo off of 1 channel. No problems at all.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Cool, thanks...and yeah, it's a honkin huge enclosure, tuned to 17.5...

But I was thinking today and I might spend some newly freed up cash on a new sub, keeping it simple...aye, decisions.

Thanks all for the input, let this thread die a slow and painful death while it drifts to the bottom of this abyss of threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks