What's new

QSC RMX Amp Users (1 Viewer)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
not sure what mine is. once i plugged it in and turned it on, i thought the fan wasn't even working it was so quiet. put my hand back there and could feel the air. i didn't know what all the complaining was about until i went back and read the ebay auction stating the fan mod had been done. a defineate must for the RMX series. sorry i couldn't be any help.

eric

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle, could you forward me that list as well? Do these quiet fans really do the trick, and make an RMX as quiet as a PLX?

Thanks...
Rob

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Rob, a PLX isn't that quiet either.
It's good to know... I was under the impression that the 2speed PLX fan was substantially better than the RMX one. I imagine you have the PLX and weren't impressed by its fan? Have you had a chance to compare it with a RMX?

I'm frustrated as my AV15 sub is done, but my original amp (a QSC CX series) is missing in action. So I'm looking at maybe buying another one, but don't want to have the sound of a small prop-plane in my living room. Was looking used or considering a new RMX850.

Kyle: next week is no problem...

Thanks guys...
Rob

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Rob it may be quieter. I haven't compared a RMX to it. However, the fan in the PLX I have is still too loud. I will get the quieter fan from QSC once I get my HT more together.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Yes, the PLX is quieter than the RMX, but as Seth points out it isnt inaudible. "Too loud" all depends how far you are sitting from the amp.

Rob Formica

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle... not sure if you've gotten around to emailing that list? If you did, it didn't make it through to my server... :frowning:
Thanks again...
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.