QSC PLX/Crown...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Gilvey, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I have an older QSC. Its the USA 850. Its got 1100watts into 4ohms. I haven't clipped it yet on my BP1503. Picked it up for around $500CAD. half price of anything new. I had an old audiopro mos 1200 before that was a mosfet design and can't hear the difference between that and the QSC. Though that fan is kinda loud. its a two speed fan and 95% of the time never kicks into high gear. It is audible in my cabinet about 8ft away when it does kick in. Just make for sure that it is not an issue for fan noise.

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

You may also want to look at Carver pro amps that PE carries. I have the RMX-850 and am really impressed with it's performance. It's built like a tank, has adjustable input sensitivity and an adjustable auto on feature. I had a QSC RMX 850 and it paled in comparison to the Carver.

Pete

3. I haven't compared them, but I got the K2 for the incredible efficiency and fan-less operation.

4. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Jack

Our pal JonMarsh was intimately involved with the design/development of both the K1/K2. They can do things that other pro-sound switching amps can only dream of. But it probably doesn't matter for home sub use. For specifics post on 'the Guide' or send Jon an email