QSC amp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Kanyak, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Frank Kanyak

Frank Kanyak Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard of this brand amp. A local audio shop has it for sale for 299.99 I beleive it said 800 watts @ 4ohms...

2. AVspec

AVspec Supporting Actor

Mark
    QSC Amps, yes... QSR... never heard of, but does not mean they don't exist. Perhaps a model number and a search on Google will turn up some hits?

3. Frank Kanyak

Frank Kanyak Stunt Coordinator

Correction it is QSC...They have a typo in the ad...Is it any good to power a Tempest driver???

4. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I had an opportunity to visit the QSC plant while out in LA this past fall. A very impressive site with some quality components. One of the members here works at QSC(and I also think one of the moderators owns QSC equipment) so hopefully they'll chime in. I'll give the moderator a heads up on this one.

Stay tuned....

5. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    HI!

I have about 4500 watts of QSC amplification and love them.

FYI, QSC Audio amplifies 70% of the worlds movie theaters. The theater line is the DCA line. There are other models which are much less expensive. QSC is HUGE in the pro amp world.

Regards

Gregg

6. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Frank,

This sounds like a QSC RMX 850. It is indeed more than powerful enough to drive a Tempest sub. The only "issue" with this amp is that the fan is a little loud. If you have a hidden space or don't think you'll be bothered by the noise then go for it!

Regards,

Dan Hine

7. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    I forgot to add. Yes, more than enough power. I have 1200 watts driving 2 tempests.

As Dan mentioned, the fan noise is not too quite. I have my amps in another room so there is not an issue. If you can do that or get them in an enclosed space you will be golden.

8. John A. Gordon

John A. Gordon Stunt Coordinator

JohnG
    Gregg has me beat. I only have 3 QSC DCA amps in my system. But to your question, yes I've heard of QSC. They make great amps, and processors, if I may say so, [​IMG].