What's new

Q's regarding BFD! (1 Viewer)

I recently purchased the DVE disc and SL meter but was dismayed the disc only had freq. sweeps and not ind. tones. Im anxious to calibrate. I need a disc with these tones or help with downloading them. I have access to the BFD comprehensive setup page but am unsure which frequencies to use and how to convert them to play on my dvd player. Also, is there a certain model BFD I should be looking for? How about the rest of the freq. spectrum? Does anyone here eq this area or does the low end present far more problems?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Thsi is WAY beyond the basics area.

You can find specific tone signals online, or can create them with one of a half dozen tone generators out there. There is a nice spreadsheet out there which will help- and links to all these things would be found by searching, or asking in the DIY/Advanced area.

-Vince

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Patrick, look on the BFD page and scroll down to the section about Microsoft Excel. You'll see the chart of frequencies that can be used.

It looks like this:

There is also a link on the page for test tones with instructions on how to download and a link to Cdex which will convert .mp3 files to .wav files if your DVD player doesn't play .mp3 files.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks