What's new

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea, I can only imagine that some error occurred during the mastering process for the season six DVD. Occasionally the full menu screen does appear with the artwork and episode titles, but most of the time it does not. It is very weird.
Since others are not reporting this theres a good chance you may have just got a bad copy so you might want to try replacing it through Amazon.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Since others are not reporting this theres a good chance you may have just got a bad copy so you might want to try replacing it through Amazon.
There's a reviewer at Amazon who posted and mentioned season six having the lack of a menu. The set that I have, the episodes all play fine so the menu issue is a minor inconvenience. Season six is the only one with the menu issue. The other seasons are fine.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
But they have never done a complete series set for any tv series. It doesn't fit their release model so its not very likely to ever happen.
I was recently reading that there’s a 5% likelihood of sunspots in the near future that would knock out electric grids worldwide and cause massive loss of life. I don’t have my own propane generator, so in that case, I may not be able to watch my dvds anyway.

As gor their “release model,” at this point, and particularly with this show, it doesn’t seem to make sense. First, the market for older tv series has long since gone to complete sets. Second, I would assume the most hard core FBI fans already have this show. Third, at nine seasons with many seasons divided into two sets, this is a particularly onerous looking show to begin investing in. IMO they could sell enough complete sets at $150 a piece to make it worthwhile for them to do that.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I would love a complete set. I had never seen the show. Blind buy. I bought the first season half sets to try it and enjoyed it enough to want more. I admit it’s not my favorite of the 60’s crime dramas I’ve watched an I know I dozed during one episode. I definitely don’t think I enjoyed it enough to want to buy all the half sets. A full set would be great.

Maybe I’ll try buying again starting with season 6.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I would love a complete set. I had never seen the show. Blind buy. I bought the first season half sets to try it and enjoyed it enough to want more. I admit it’s not my favorite of the 60’s crime dramas I’ve watched an I know I dozed during one episode. I definitely don’t think I enjoyed it enough to want to buy all the half sets. A full set would be great.

Maybe I’ll try buying again starting with season 6.

From season 6, all seasons are sold in one set.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I was recently reading that there’s a 5% likelihood of sunspots in the near future that would knock out electric grids worldwide and cause massive loss of life. I don’t have my own propane generator, so in that case, I may not be able to watch my dvds anyway.

As gor their “release model,” at this point, and particularly with this show, it doesn’t seem to make sense. First, the market for older tv series has long since gone to complete sets. Second, I would assume the most hard core FBI fans already have this show. Third, at nine seasons with many seasons divided into two sets, this is a particularly onerous looking show to begin investing in. IMO they could sell enough complete sets at $150 a piece to make it worthwhile for them to do that.
The likelyhood of them selling even 100 sets at that price is extremely unlikely in todays market for a mostly forgotten show which is why they aren't doing it. Like you said the majority who wanted the show already have it. They did bundle all the 2 set seasons for some cost savings.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The likelyhood of them selling even 100 sets at that price is extremely unlikely in todays market for a mostly forgotten show which is why they aren't doing it. Like you said the majority who wanted the show already have it. They did bundle all the 2 set seasons for some cost savings.
Disagree. There’s always a lot of interest in the full series on ebay when it appears. A lot of people became aware due to its appearance in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Disagree. There’s always a lot of interest in the full series on ebay when it appears. A lot of people became aware due to its appearance in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Don't you think Warner would have already done this along time ago if they thought it would be worth their while. Season sets now are usually from retail releases using leftover stock in a repackage. WAC's business model is MOD they make a small amount at a time either pressed or DVD-R and then make more when they sell out. So They don't have excess stock they need to move by repackaging in their business model. I remember when they were active on their Facebook page there were occasional questions for them about doing complete series and their answers were always "No Plans for this".

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 6

Episode #3

“Escape to Terror”
written by Don Brinkley
directed by William Hale
cinematography by Fred Mandl
guests: James Olson, Linda Marsh, Marge Redmond, Harry Guardino, Charles Dierkop, Ion Berger, Ken Lynch, Mary Jackson, Paul Bryar, Weston Gavin, Carlos Rivas, Alex Gerry, Mark Allen, Harlan Warde, Nancy Jeris, Betty Anne Rees, Marlowe Jensen, Robert Duggan

FUGITIVE, FRAUD AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT, CONSPIRACY, BOND DEFAULT

It’s a typical sentimental family narrative and a tormented couple (James Olson/Linda Marsh) on the run episode that is slowed down by a weak pregnant wife (Linda Marsh) and a murderous stepbrother (Harry Guardino) ordered by a big shot—too bad, that they waste the talent of actor Harry Guardino with a minor role. The Cosa Nostra side is very shallow and actor Ken Lynch as the head mobster is not convincing. As the previous “The Traitor”, the story doesn’t rely on a wild criminal but, unlike it, the main guests are not that engaging or unusual and betrays the original concept of the series.

QM actors notes: James Olson will later play his best part in the great season 1 episode entitled “The First Day of Forever” from The Streets of San Francisco. Olson guests in some QM series like The FBI (3), Cannon (2), The Streets of San Francisco (3), Barnaby Jones (2), The Manhunter, Most Wanted, The Runaways.

Returning guest actors: James Olson (the season 5 “Conspiracy of Corruption”), Ken Lynch (the season 5 “Flight”), Mary Jackson (the season 4 “Conspiracy of Silence”), Paul Bryar (the season 5 “The Dealer”), Alex Gerry (the season 5 “Deadly Reunion”), Mark Allen (the season 5 “Tug-of-War”), Harlan Warde (the season 5 “Scapegoat”), Nancy Jeris (the season 5 “Journey Into Night”), Marlowe Jensen (the season 5 “The Swindler”), Robert Duggan (the season 5 “Gamble with Death”).

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I watched the episode Escape To Terror on the DVD not too long ago and thought it's a decent episode. Not a big favorite of mine, but decent.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I watched the episode Escape To Terror on the DVD not too long ago and thought it's a decent episode. Not a big favorite of mine, but decent.

I think Olson make it work but the story is not that engaging and rather limited, I mean the escape fails.
The character of Olson is presented as an innocent man on the run which makes it ambiguous.
The series is all about criminals and the lead guest never commit any crime on the screen.
The episode title is misleading because you can expect something big.

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Anyone know the truth on this. Why did Stephen Brooks leave the series after Season 2. Was it his decision or was he pushed. If the latter, why?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Anyone know the truth on this. Why did Stephen Brooks leave the series after Season 2. Was it his decision or was he pushed. If the latter, why?
I have occasionally wondered about this also. I don't know why he left but I have assumed it was over a salary dispute although there could be several other reasons why he left the show. Stephen Brooks was good in the role so I don't think he left because of his performance but anything is possible.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

You may find the answer in this book:

See Chapter 5 (p. 62-87) - The FBI
Quinn Martin, Producer: A Behind-the-Scenes History of QM Productions and Its Founder

by Jonathan Etter
(North Carolina, McFarland & Company, 2003, 232 pages, ISBN 0-7864-1501-0)

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
I have this book John, and couldn't find anything about this matter in it. Brooks leaving is a mystery which nobody seems to have an answer to.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 6

Episode #4

“The Architect”
written by Robert Heverly
story by Jonathan Box
directed by Virgil W. Vogel
cinematography by William W. Spencer
music by Willard Jones
guests: Monte Markham, Billy Dee Williams, Arthur Franz, Dabbs Greer, Ford Rainey, Phyllis Hill, Janee Michelle, Ted Gehring, Stanley Clements, Sandra de Bruin, Donna Ramsey, Robert Patten, Fred Holliday, Jim Raymond, Ron Doyle, Garrison True, Larry Wynn

UNLAWFUL FLIGHT TO AVOID CONFINEMENT, FUGITIVES

It’s a very good mastermind entry that starts out as an escaped convicts on the run centered around the inspired, individualistic and ruthless performance of actor Monte Markham playing the architect, a toxic and lonely genius of evil who despises people and specializes in bank robbery and, here, the racetrack. Scenes from the final truck heist are part of the season 6 promo film. As the previous “Escape to Terror”, find another group running away but this times it remains faifthful to the original concept of the leading criminal. The cast of the convicts is very good: Monte Markham, Billy Dee Williams, Dabbs Greer whose character fails to be eliminated by his own accomplice aka the one mistake. The script is penned by story consultant Robert Heverly and it makes a good companion piece to “The Condemned” with another master criminal weakened by his partner and, here, betrayed by him. One little scene is a nod to producer Saltzman: the meeting place of the blackmailed underworld financier is a movie theater where they run a WWII air force film a la 12 O’Clock High which happens to be Stuart Heisler’s Chain Lightning (1950), starring Humphrey Bogart. The epilogue doesn’t follow the rigid structure of the series because you don’t find the Inspector Lewis Erskine’s office scene. Actor Monte Markham plays a variation on his part from the season 4 “The Intermediary” and is a notorious character-actor of the Seventies, sometimes typecast as a crazy weirdo: see Barney Miller in “The Seven Million Dollar Man” from The Six Million Dollar Man and escapee Pike in “Power Play” from The Invisible Man.

Mission: Impossible notes : Billy Dee Williams will play another hood with a shotgun but, this time, a real tough cookie in the season 6 episode entitled “The Miracle”.

QM actors notes: Monte Markham guests in some QM series like The FBI (3), Dan August, Cannon, Barnaby Jones, The Manhunter, Caribe, A Man Called Sloane.

Returning guest actors: Monte Markham (the season 4 “The Intermediary”), Billy Dee Williams (the season 5 “The Sanctuary”), Arthur Franz (the season 5 “Scapegoat”), Dabbs Greer (the season 5 “Journey Into Night”), Ford Rainey (the season 5 “The Swindler”), Phyllis Hill (the season 5 “Death of a Fixer”), Ted Gehring (the season 1 “The Animal”), Stanley Clements (the season 3 “Ring of Steel”), Robert Patten (the season 5 “Blood Tie”), Fred Holliday (the season 5 “Summer Terror”), Jim Raymond (the season 5 “Deadly Reunion”), Ron Doyle (the season 5 “Nightmare Road”), Garrison True (the season 5 “The Diamond Millstone”).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
the fbi season 6 publicity shot

fbi6_promo06.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
¶​
¶ Next on The F.B.I. season 6, the reviews of the first disc and starting on Monday 12!​
¶ Get your ID and be ready!​
¶​
fbi6_d02.jpg

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Your competition John.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks