What's new

qiestion re. white splotch on screen (1 Viewer)

Philip-j

Auditioning
I have a white splotch on my panasonic rptv. It is about 2 inches by 4 inches with irregular edges, and is centred on the screen about one-third of the way from the top of the screen. Initially, I thought it was a reflection on the screen, as I first noticed it only during daylight hours with light streaming through the windows in front of the TV. And I only saw it with the tv turned off. However, I also noticed this same splotch when I had a solid blue background on the rptv as I called up my processors osd for adjustment/calibration. The splotch is not visible while watching cable/dvd sources. It has become irksome, though,
as it is visible with the TV turned off under most lighting conditions except extreme darkness. Does anyone know what could cause this? (My tv is a 47" Panasonic cinevision-1 year old).

Thanks.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
Philip-J,

This so-called "hot spot" MAY be caused by light reflections from the interior of your TV cabinet. I have a Mits 55819, and it also had an anomalous blob about 1/3 of the way from the top of the screen, but the blob was probably twice as big as yours. Lining the interior of the cabinet with non-reflective material, such as Duvetyne (which I have), can mitigate the effects of this. Assuming the cause of the problem is what I am saying, it's really not much to worry about, just "irksome" as you say.

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Guys-
I have the same thing on my mits ws 55908.

Also has anyone noticed that when the tv is off, if you look at the reflected light of the screen (daylight lamplight)
the right side appears blue tinged the left side red tinged.
This is my first projection tv, and all I can say is they definitely have more quirks than tube tv.

-Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks