QED Silver Anniversary or Ecosse 4.2

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JohnBrianW., Aug 6, 2003.

1. JohnBrianW.

JohnBrianW. Stunt Coordinator

I'm upgrading my 3 front speaker cables and am torn between QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire, and Ecosse C4.2

Anyone have any experience with these? My system is a Marantz 6200 and totem Dreamcatchers. I'm also upgrading my digital coaxial to RhinoCables Premium...woohoo!

2. Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko Stunt Coordinator

Do you honestly think there is going to be a difference between your current digital cable and an overly expensive upgrade? As far as speaker cables, I have no experience with them. I currently use 12ga SoundKing wire on my Totem Forests and they sound beautiful.

3. JohnBrianW.

Honestly...I do. And besides, I don't think $56CDN for a digital coaxial is very expensive. The "cheapy" AQ cable I presently have was $35.

4. Jason.Soko

Digital is either on or off. What is possibly going to sound better? It is decoded into analog form by your processor.

CAT5 ethernet goes 100meters without needing a repeater and with thousands of computers on one line. The dvd player can handle making it 3 feet with no one else on the line. Trust me.

5. JohnBrianW.

All I'm really looking for is some opinions about Ecosse 4.2 and QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable. Has anyone used them in their system?

6. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I'd imagine you'd get a response more to your liking over at the cableasylum. Apparently there is a very active cadre of users of speaker wires with great ability to discern subtle differences.

7. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Good to see all the cable theorists are in good form today.[​IMG]

John,
    For once I'm going to agree with CHU and suggest you go to a different forum for the opinions you seek. At least the cable asylum hasn't been taken over by the "cables is cables" crowd.

8. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

that's what propellerheads is for!

9. Jason.Soko

10. JohnBrianW.

I'm checking there as well...wow what a different brred of people between the audio"philes" and the HT'ers. I sense an undercurrent of hostily. I shouldn't of asked for users experiences here.

11. Jason.Soko

Well , I would consider myself an audiophile and I still don't fall for the cable hype.