What's new

Q104.3 listeners in NYC. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
So I'm listening to the radio (the rare moment I'm listening to radio after getting Sirius through Dish Network) and I'm pondering the fact that they're always saying "the world's largest record collection" or something like that... Anybody else find it odd that a radio station (Clear Channel too.. ugh) would advertise that it has the world's largest music collection or whatever but never seem to play more than say 5% of them? I'm completely making up the 5%, I have no idea what the percentage of music that they play, I imagine it's probably less and I'm only considering classic rock albums.

Jay

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Wow, that was a post full of pure speculation with no facts to back it up.

Why don't you actually find out how many songs they have in their library (calling the PD would do it) and ask what their rotation is like and then get back to us.

And to answer your question, they would say "The world's largest record collection" for the same reason GMC would say "The Best Truck in the World." And the reason they only play a segment of every song ever released in the classic rock format is that many of them stink and the audience would turn the station off. People want to hear certain songs and those are the songs they play. The same concept is applied to your beloved Sirius.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I think the Collection actually came over from 102.7 with Scott Muney, who we lost last year.

Yes, 104.3 has annoyingly adopted a very slim set of songs which they rotate. It is very frustrating hearing the same one song by bands you love 3 and 4 times a week. It's just the luck of the draw tho, if you listen for say 3 hours at a time you wont hear repeats but if you listen monday morning and tuesday night for example you may hear 4 or 5 from the same block.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks