Q: Onkyo TX-DS989/Sony TA-P9000ES=Good match?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Zapatka, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Patrick Zapatka

Patrick Zapatka Stunt Coordinator

Folks,

A previous post concerning multiple 5.1 inputs and the Sony TA-P900ES being a good solution has me wondering whether it will work well with my Onkyo 989 receiver.

Any input or other suggestions?

I am currently using the 5.1 inputs for multi-channel SACD from the Sony 222ES, but will be upgrading from the Sony DVP-S9000ES to the Denon DVD-9000, which has DVD-A 5.1 outputs.

Thanks,

Patrick

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Patrick, first off, this question might garner more attention over on the Receivers/Separates/Amps board. Perhaps you can get a moderator to move it.

I have always been told by dealers and by people on this site that the 'P9000ES is really designed for multi-channel digital pre-amps. When the 'P9000ES came out, I thought of buying it for use with my A/V receiver, but I was told it would not work. In the end, I decided to go with the much cheaper Radio Shack switch boxes, which work very well.

3. Patrick Zapatka

Patrick Zapatka Stunt Coordinator

Keith,

Looking at the PDF manual for the RS 15-1592 switch box, I assume you are using two, with three channels on each switch?

Is there no loss of quality on this type of connection? Thanks,

Patrick