Q-Bot Best Thing EVER

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Sherman, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

Went to Six Flags New England Yesterday and had one of the best days because of this little gadget called the Q-BOT. For those who are not familiar with Q-bot its a "PAGER" that you rent from SIX Flags to reserve a spot in line.

We were allowed to reserve up to 10 rides and it gave us the time when we could arrive to the next ride after we finised the previous ride.

here a Breakdown of the rides we went on

Batman.......6 Times

Mind Erasure........5 Times

Superman...........5 times

Pandemonium 2 times

Flashback 2 times

Wet and wild 3 times

Blizzard River 1 time

We never would have been able to get all of these rides in if it wasn't for the Q-BOT. This also allowed us to grab a bite to eat take a rest and even have a smoke with out waiting in line and baking in the Summer sun. If you are planning a trip to one of the Sis Flags this or next summer, GET ONE.

My Voice is soooo horse right now from YELLING my brains out Yesterday.

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

ooo sounds cool. How much is it, and is it one Q-Bot per group or per person?

3. Mark Sherman

I paid $50.00 for our group of 4 to use 1 Q-BOT you can get them for larger or smaller groups). Its not much if you think about it. Paying 50 bucks to not stay in line. WELL WORTH IT. The one thing we noticed was the look on people faces who have been waiting in line for ever and we appear out of no where and go to the front of the line. Mind you there is a different entrance for the Q-BOT holders its not like you are cutting in line.

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

What hapens if 50 Q-Bot uses want to ride the same ride at the same time? (also assume the ride seats fewer than 50)

5. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

The Orlando area parks have something like this, but no device to rent, and it's free.

6. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    which ride is the one that is like a small roller coaster, but then stops and goes in reverse? i went on that one, and felt ill for the rest of the day, last time i went to 6 flags. it was also approaching 100 degrees, that may have been a factor.

the first time i went on superman, we spent about an hour waiting in line and looking at the first drop, which looked pretty steep. when we got on, and came over the top of the first drop, i had my hands up ready to scream, but when i saw how steep it was, i instinctively put my hands on the bar, and thought to myself "i'm going to die right now, on this coaster". of course, all was well, and we went on superman one more time that day. but i was completely unprepared for how steep the first drop was.

CJ

7. Mark Sherman

there were some times where we had to wait a little longer for( when we first got there superman was a 15 minue wait but later on during the day it was longer about 45 minutes. Im guessing that it might be part of the programming to stagger the amount of Q-BOT users going on the same ride at the same time. when we did have 45 minutes between rides we would go to a water ride or something with a short line that didnt require us to Use the QW-BOT.

Christ I know what you were going through. We hit at least 2 other coasters ( Batman and Mind Erasure) to get psyched to go on Superman. Holy shit what a drop. We got off tagged in and went on again within 10 minutes.

8. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I know what you mean. I almost couldn't stand it, but we had to go again. [​IMG]

Now the freefall at King's Dominion, I think once is enough for me. :b

9. Mark Sherman

Superman is Kids Stuff Compared to this at Six Flags NJ.

I HAVE TO GO.

Opening Date:
    May 20, 2005

Maximum Height:
    World Record at 456 feet (45 stories)

Maximum Speed:
    World Record at 128 mph

Length of Track:
    3,118 feet

Ride Duration:
    50.6 seconds

Seating Capacity:
    18 passengers per train

Ride Features:
    A hydraulic launch rockets riders horizontally from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds, then vertically 90 degrees into a quarter turn. Riders crest the coaster's tower an exhilarating 458 feet from the ground, then plunge vertically into a 270-degree (three-quarter) spiral.

The train swoops down a valley and climbs a 129-foot "camel hump" hill, leaving riders feeling weightless before making a left turn and gliding back into the station.

BRING IT ON

10. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

They have something similar at Six Flags Great America (half-way between Milwaukee and Chicago) called Fastlane, but I always think of "Fastpass" from Cartmanland on South Park. You pay $12.00 (I think) for a punch card which enables you to skip most of the line for 4 rides. Although not all rides are always offered as part of the promotion, only one wasn't the day we went (Deja Vu). So, it basically costs you $3.00 to skip most of the line for each of the 4 rides. You do, however, have to wait up front where people choose what car they want to ride in. I thought it was expensive but worth it, especially since it was so hot out the day we went.

11. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Actually the Kobra kah has been shut-down on a few occassionas due to "instability" in moderately windy conditions. What were they expecting with an 500' tall ride thats 20" wide.

Fun stat: Average wait time for ride: 2+ hours (current summer weekend)

Ride time: Under 51 seconds! (not counting the pre-launch and "landing").

12. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    That Kingda Ka ride actually is no laughing matter from what i've read. Some doctors performed a study on the ride and took measurments of volunteers heart rates before, during and after the ride, and most of them had their heart rates skyrocket to dangerous levels.

These were healthy people, now if someone get's on the ride with a heart problem they aren't aware of, it could prove to be fatal. IMO they went too far with that particular roller coaster, too much and too fast.

That Q-Bot sounds very cool, though, and not too expensive when you think about how much it pays for itself in fun.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It's Kingda Ka. A group of us went a few weeks ago and it was being repaired.

I heard that a test dummy lost his head and arm on the ride.

14. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Thanks, Morgan, i've made the correction.

Yep, sounds like loads of fun! [​IMG]

Also, the constant repair on something that tall and fast, doesn't quite instill me with confidence. How can I have a good time if i'm constantly worried that the thing is going to fly apart?

15. Mark Sherman

Were Adam and Jamie from mythbusters there? I get a rush just watching the Video I cannot imagine what that ride is like WOW. But I still want to try it.

16. KeithMoechnig

KeithMoechnig Stunt Coordinator

I have a question about the Q-bot. Is there a seperate line you go through(more specifically at six flags st. Louis) or do you just go through the line saying you have a q-bot?

17. Mark Sherman

The Q-BOT has its own line.

You reserve your spot. Then you get paged to go to the ride you Beep in when you get there and it will either say please wait or enjoy the ride. Then proceed to the ride where a person will confirm that you ahve that spot then boom you go on the ride.

18. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

In NJ, the Q-Bot entrance is usually the regular exit; you just go in where everyone else comes out.