What's new

Q about using low power speakers in rear. (1 Viewer)

TobyFB

Auditioning
Hey guys,

So, I just recently got some Axiom M22 for my L and R fronts. I'm running them through a Denon 2803. The M22 are fantastic, I'm hearing so much new stuff in my recordings, I love it.

My subwoofer (SVS 25-31pci) is arriving today and I am really curious how the setup will sound with some surrounds. However, I haven't bought any yet. But I do have a pair of Denon or maybe Mission (don't know when Mission started making speakers for Denon) speakers from my stereo system. I was thinking of hooking them up as the rear surrounds. However, on the back they say 50 watts max. My Denon puts out 90 watts per channel. Can I use them safely. Just based on listening to how loud the Denon can get, I don't think there would be a problem, but what do you think?

Oh yeah, and the Denon speakers are 6 impedance but the Axioms are 8. Is that a problem?

Thanks again.

Toby.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
It should not be a problem. In truth, your receiver puts out about 3-5 watts of power to each speaker on average. But for the big volume changes, the power has to jump for short amounts of time. And the rear speakers are not constantly producing sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks