What's new

q/a about cd players. should i buy a 300 disc, 5 disc, or stay with my dvd player (1 Viewer)

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
hey i got a lot of cds should i stay with my dvd player as my cdplayer or should i upgrade to a 5 disc or 300 disc changer. i am not planning on upgradding to dvda or sacd(spellin?) i dont think i will not buy any dvd audio see no point in re buying all my cds agian:angry:

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
i love changers. i have 3 which hold 700
pros:
less scratches & dings
people dont put them back in the wrong cases
put the cases in the closet and save room
cons:
unless you burn copies, you dont have them for your car/ mobile
takes a lot of time to type them in or burn them with text

hope that helps

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
dajaga, what DVD player do you have now? What would be your budget for a dedicated CD player?

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
i have a pioneer dvd player. well for a 300+ cd changer i can go about 300 candain. and for 5 disc i might go up to 200 candain

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I like the idea of a large (200+) changer. Last con is they can be a little noisy when changing but that convenience is pretty nice. Hunt around, I'll bet you can find one at your price point.

joe rizzuto

Stunt Coordinator
check out e-bay if you want to take a risk.
i bought 2 changers so far, both pioneer, one 100 cd & the other a 25. both are working fine so far.
i also have my original pioneer 100 cd player, bought new, many years ago and that works great too.
occasionally e-bay has a 300/301 cd changer.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
dajaga, O.K. In your price range, I'd look at the Sony CDP-CX355 300-disc CD player for convenience. If you can spend a bit more, the Denon DCM-280 and '380 are quality carousel changers and beat the Sony 'CX355. Just a few suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks