What's new

Python & Holy Grail: SE - Quite Nice! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Wow! The 'Quest for the Holy Grail Locations' documentary is fantastic! Make that your first stop on Disc 2.
I'll be exploring this one at length later tonight! From what I've seen so far, this one could end up on my 'Special DVD' shelf, alongside Brazil and Se7en.
Ni.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
Jodee,
Yeah I wish they included the full Japanese language track. My gf and I just watched it and it was hilarious! The Japanese dialogue really matched with the movie and didn't sound awkward, though if you read the english subtitles it sounds really awkward. It looks like they adjusted the dialogue to fit in with Japanese culture, and they did a great job. We were really itching for more Japanese footage...
------------------

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, on the laserdisc, there is a japanese track of the whole movie, but only a very small part of it is provided with back-translation in English.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
I was very hesitant to buy the Holy Grail when it was first released because I already owned the Wonderful Critetion Laser Disc. Boy am I glad that I waited. This is probably one of the neatest DVDs since Rocky Horror. I was so happy that they included the deleted 24 second Castle anthrax scene. I love that scene because the jokje was so ahead of it's time with these Director's Cut coming out fifteen to twenty years later. SO wonderful. Also the Documentary on the Locations of the Holy Grail was wonderful. I loved the BBC FIlm Night docu too. this was so worth the wait. I haven't listened to the commentary yet but will sooner or later.
This disc was well worth the wait.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
quote: How does the picture on the new edition compare with the original DVD? [/quote]
I just watched my copy of the edition tonight, and the pciture quality is a vast improvement over the older, non-anamorphic release. The movie looks beautiful, especially considering this was a low-budget film.
I did notice the new Michael Palin voice-over when he's reading from the storybook. After seeing this film so many times, it did sound a little odd.
I can't wait to explore the supplements on the 2nd disc over the next few days.
Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4
[Edited last by Scott Merryfield on October 24, 2001 at 08:41 AM]

Britton

Screenwriter
Is anyone else having problems with subtitles appearing randomly? It happened with the very first line of the movie, "Halt!" and during the witch trial, some subtitles came up as well. I have a Sony DVP-CX860 and this is the first time I've had any problems with a disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks