pw2200 and ps1000 together for ht dumb idea?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Nathan Porteous, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Nathan Porteous

Nathan Porteous Stunt Coordinator

I have just bought my new pair of studio 60's they are amazing, they sound great with my 4es untill a bryston can be purchased. Anyway i have a ps1000 and plan on buying a pw2200 for some more bang, i'm not selling my ps1000 so i thought i could hook them both up for even more boom, i figure if set up properly they could probally sound good i hope. I this a good idea or will it suck, and if i hook them both up how? only one sub out on my 4es. Right now i have a y adapter on the cable so i have 2 signals could i just plug other on into the other sub? or i u have a better idea let me know.
    The home ht bug is not a bug its a virus and its eating all my money ahhh. But i'll be ok.

2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Yea,

I'm there with the bug too.

I think you can combine the subs with good results. Just split the signal as you have suggested and work on placement in the room to get the best reponse.

Mike

3. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

The ps1000 is a different design and will most likely be slower than the pw2200. You may not notice it as much with explosions and effects, but music will not be as precise as with the pw2200 alone.

Chris

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I wouldn't reccommed it. The PS-1000 is very boomy compared to the PW-2200. They both have different sounds, and might not mix well. If you want more bass, just turn up the 2200.

5. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

I agree with Brian. The 1000 might be a little "sloppy".
    If you can afford it just get the servo and be done. Sell your ps1000 to offset the cost or put it toward the Bryston.
    The servo 15 was Brent Butterworths' favortie sub when he was a reviewer at Home Theater magazine. They had a "sub off" with other sub and he said for kicks he paired a servo 15 with an Energy 8". He thought the 15 didn't do to well at the upper end and you can't beat the speed of the 8 and it was a killer combination. At least in his opinion.

Just thought I'd share. Sorry.