PW-2200 Subwoofer died :[ any hints

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Daniel I, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Daniel I

Daniel I Stunt Coordinator

Jan 6, 2002

This is the second SUB I have been through. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what could have caused this?

My Paradigm PW-2200 has lost all power. Tested it at another outlet and the same thing occured. This happens when the switch is set to always on or auto off.

I am thinking the amp fuse is gone? Does this make sense? I really do not push my sub at all. Volume is usually no where near reference level. I am really becoming dissappointed with the reliablity of this sub.

Anyone else have problems with the PW-2200?

Thanks for any advice you can spare.

Daniel I
  2. Sanjay Gupta

Sanjay Gupta Supporting Actor

Jun 30, 1997
    Sanjay Gupta
    Don't know about the PW-2200, but I used to have a problem of blowing up the fuse on my Servo-15. What I did was to simply put in a slightly higher rated fuse than the one originally being used and have not had a problem since. By the way it has been over 15 months since I did that and so far no problems at all. Whereas earlier I had blown the fuse atleast 3 -4 times over a couple of months.

Member since 1997
  3. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Stunt Coordinator

Jun 15, 2001
    I wouldn't do it, but putting in a larger fuse is always an option. Depends which device you want to protect most... your sub or the fuse.