What's new

PV-HD1000 or HM-DH30000? (1 Viewer)

Dave^Wein

Grip
I have the opportunity to get either of these VCR's today to go with my SIR-T165. both are new.

Other than D-Theater, I understand that they will function identically with my STB.

I've read enough bad things about the JVC that I'm leaning toward the Panny. Are there any concerns with the panny?

I also read that the panny includes automatic head cleaning, while the JVC requires you to use a head cleaning tape. How does the panny head cleaning work?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
If getting the JVC 30k make sure you get the "newer" ones with the cleaning tape and warning messages about using SVHS tapes inside. These have all the known fixes in them, and you should have less trouble with them.

You might also want to consider the Mitsubishi DVHS models. I'm not familar enought with the Panasonic models.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Can the Sammy STB see the Panny d-vhs? I have forgotten.

In all fairness, I think JVC's quality control has really gone up over the months. I purchased my 30000 in the spring, and I love it-- no glitches and stellar playback. It plays back every recording I made on the Panny d-vhs flawlessly. I no longer have the Sammy 165, but that combo worked very, very well.

The 40000 is more or less out now, so maybe you should give it consideration, as well.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks