Putting up a Micro Theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoshBlevins, Aug 10, 2001.

1. JoshBlevins

JoshBlevins Auditioning

Hey everybody, I'm a newcomer to this board and know little about home stereo. (I am a member of a wristwatch and a car forum and know how annoying know-it-nots are.)
    I currently have a 65" Mitsubishi WS-65907 and a little Klipsch Rebel component system. I like it a lot, but my dad is building a new house and I am moving it to his.
    That leaves me with nothing but a little Sharp 27" TV in my room. I'd really like to set up a little home theater in my bedroom complete with projector and a nice component system. I would like to keep the total cost (components, projector, and screen) under $6000. I would be willing to spend up to $4500 on the projector. My bedroom is 25' x 20' with 10' ceilings and I think that I can create a nice theater to impress myself in that space.
    I have a certain projector in mind but would rather not list it in favor of taking your suggestions. Do you have any ideas, suggestions, tips, or caveats? I am just 17 but am indeed very capable. [​IMG]
    Please let me know; I'd appreciate ANYTHING.
    Josh Blevins
    [email protected]

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Well, ur bedroom is a lot more bigger than what I plan to have as my dedicated HT. For $6k, which also happens to be my budget..for now, I plan to get the NEC LT150($2500), high power screen ($300), Panasonic RP91($500 or so), Onkyo 696($800), Atlantic Technology 350 + SVS sub..of course ($2000). Its actually a hundred bucks above 6k but I think I could shave that off somewhere.
    And for someone "very capable", I think u can even get better than the above.
    ------------------
    Eric Samonte
    Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!