What's new

Putting subs in series (1 Viewer)

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any ideas about linking multiple powered subs together? Like sending the signal out from the pre amp output on the receiver to the first sub and then a output from that sub to another.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the links i already know i can hook a sub threw the speaker level inputs and 1 with the pre amp out but im talking about chaining subs as in one sub sending the signal to another sub and that sub to another, most subs i seem to find though only have speaker level outs and not a rca interconnect output, Im really wanting to know if it would work using speaker level outs. I havent purchused any really high end subs seeing as how i never really liked surround setups(dolby pro logic rears always sounded like a can to me and i didnt pay for the fronts not to use them as primary speaker seeing as how about 50% of sound in the prologic processing mode goes to the center)but there are many other options now adays other than just plain old pro logic, the reason i feel i need a multi-sub setup is even though im in a small room the bass seems to be lacking during movies, music is fine in 2ch.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You don't need to daisy chain them, you can just use a splitter and run line level to each of them. Most of those posts are discussing this type of setup and some of the negatives of doing it.

No, you wouldn't want to hook up one sub to the speaker level outs and one to the pre-out, unless your receiver allows you to have bass set to both mains + sub, with the mains set to large.

What sub? If bass is lacking, it may be a setup issue, a room/placement issue, or just that you need a better sub. One good sub is better (and easier to calibrate) than two average ones.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
At the current time i am watching movies in 2ch stereo because thats all i have hooked up right now. You may be right in the quality is better than quantity concept and placement i cant really help much at the moment untill i start sticking things in the attic. My space is limited because this setup is in my room about 17x15 feet but for some reason my mother felt the need to fill this room with dressers so ive been moving them into the attic over the past months i dont think my setup is to bad for a 14 year old: pair of yamaha NS-555 towers(mains), Pioneer single disk PD-5030 cd player, Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K(same internals as the elite VSX-52TX just 300$ cheaper), RCA slimline DRC233N dvd player,Panasonic 27 inch flat screeen TAU with panablack tube,and both my equipment stand and tv stand are finnished in black lauquer and aluminum(dont remember brand),i used car audio wire because of its thickness (Tsunami 12ga spiral twist high performance wire with pro solutions bananna plugs from tweeter), all of my interconnects are Phillips PXT1000 (heavier and cheaper than standard THX monster) with the exception of my video line on my monitor output is radioshack because it was the only thing long enought without going custom. In a few years i entend on my receiver being a oversized pre amp/processor and tuner because it has pre amp outs and im going to do a external amp setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks