What's new

putting items on top of a projo.. how much is too much? (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I have a toshiba 50H81 and its currently sitting on top of an entertainment center (its not really too high off the ground). i would prefer to have it on ground level and move the entertainment center to another room. I have a question though. I have a yamaha reciever (R-V905). Is that too much weight to put on top of the tv? It SEEMS sturdy enough, but i am fairly new to the projection field, so i need some advice. Thanks in advance.:)

A couple of years ago I had an older 50" Mitsubishi and I kept 2 receivers, a DVD player, the center channel speaker, and 2 VCRs on top with no problems. I have a newer model now, and the only thing on top of it is the center channel speaker and some miscellaneous anime related knick-knacks. The older TV was built like a house though - I bet it could have supported me!

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
so lets see here. Out of a topic that has 99 views at this point, only one person has had things on top of the projection TV? Cmon yall. Show some love here. :)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Andrew,
I have that set, and I've got my JBL N-Center and an amplified antenna sitting on top. My wife decided she'd "decorate" :frowning: and add a couple of framed photos. That's all and it holds everything well.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I put a 26lbs center speaker on top of my flimsy TW40X81 without an problems (except for the fact it doesn't fit and is actually balanced on -- though it's heaviness actually helps out here.)

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 36lb center channel on top of my flimsy panasonic.
I hope she doesnt cave in
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

John_Drake

Grip
I have a Toshiba 65HDX82 and I believe it states in the manual (now I will have to go home and check it) not to put anything that gets hot on top of the set. I don't think I would take the chance with anything too heavy either. I wouldn't put an A/V Receiver up there as they tend to be heavy and give off a fair amount of heat. I have my Onkyo Center Channel Speaker on top of mine and that's it.
I think you might be better off if you were to put your A/V equipment in an A/V rack and stand it next to the set.
Just my opinion...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My center channel speaker weighs a ton, so I had to resort to using a black wire rack to hold up the center speaker to relieve any undue stress on the RPTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks