What's new

Putting feelers out - Mitsu 65" and 7.0 Dahlquist in UT (1 Viewer)

Kincade

Second Unit
Hey guys; it looks like we are going to be moving at the end of May to our first house!!! Pretty excited, but I'm going to have to get rid of a few things in the process. If any of you are looking to beef up your home theater, this may be your chance. I'm located in Salt Lake City.

I have a 65" Mitsubishi 65413 television, bought last July new that is in immaculate condition. Price new was $2950... I also got the extended warranty, 3 year I think. Here's some info on the TV:

http://www.audioreview.com/televisio...7_2725crx.aspx

I then hired Gregg Loewen, our very own reknown ISF certified calibrator to come and do a full calibration on the TV and install Duvetyne (keeps the internal reflections down and makes the colors and blacks more accurate). That cost me $700. The picture is absolutely stunning; I haven't seen a better picture anywhere. If you come demo it I'll knock your socks off. ;-)

I'm thinking of asking $2250/obo; Is that a fair price?

Secondly, I have a full 7.1 Dahlquist speaker system that I'll also be selling. The new Dahlquist series is very comparable to the Paradigm Studio series, but at a more reasonable price. They have a great top end without being bright, liquid mids, and bass down to sub 30hz. These are fantastic speakers compared to ANY.

Here's some info on them:

http://audioshop.on.ca/dahlquist.htm

I have 4 of the QX10 towers (flagship speaker for Dahlquist) that sell right now for $1299/pr.

I have 1 QX60C (flagship center) that sells right now for $499.

And I have 2 QX4 rear effects speakers that sell right now for $299.

The speakers are in immaculate condition, and have only been driven high current amplification and a quality front end (Aragon 8008x amps, Anthem D1 processor, Jolida JD100 CDP and Denon DVD-2900).

If you bought them right now they'd cost you a little over $2800.00 USD

Here is a review that can tell you a little more about their sound:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/dahlquist_qx6.htm

I'm thinking of asking $2k/obo for the full system.

Let me know if I'm pricing them correctly, or if you are interested.

Thanks!

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
Hi Kincade,
I am interested in the 65" Mistu, but two things: 1) I am live on Long Island in NY and I am not sure if your interested in shipping this and secondly you'd have to come down a lot on the price to make it personally worth it to me based on the price of brand new models I can get locally. So between the shipping and the pricing I am not sure its feasable for either of us but just wanted to let you know I was at least interested in case it is....
Thanks,
Kevin

Kincade

Second Unit
Kevin,

I'm happy to talk about it, and I can work on the price; but keep in mind it has been ISF'd... The convergence will probably have to be reset after shipping.

Kincade

Second Unit
Convergence is easily adjusted; the shipping shouldn't wipe out anything but the convergence AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks