What's new

Putting a Tempest in a closet? (1 Viewer)

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
So my brother in law wants a DIY tempest(its what I have, and he likes the sound and output)So as soon as he gets the sub, we are going to start building a box for it.

The question I have though...Can he stick the box in a coat closet that is just to the left of his TV? The closet has one of those folding doors with slats on it.....so its not like the sound would have no where to go. My main concern is that it might cut down on the output or SQ too much.

The other option is....He has tall ceilings....and we could mount the box on TOP of the coat closet, and have it fire against the ceiling, but I have never had any experience with this type of situation, so if anyone could give me some help or info, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nate

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
that slatted door is going to resonate something fierce.

as for firing at the celing, i have no idea..... :)

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
Under or behind a couch? replace a coffee table? IB?

There are many rattle free ways to hide a sub. putting them in a closet is not one of them. I speak from experience, closets are BAD even if there are slats, with a minimal amount of power it will rattle hte HELL out of the doors, not to mention they can pop open(yeah it happens). the only way to put a sub in a closet(IMO) is to open the door whenever you use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks