What's new

3D Put THE MASK on now! (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
With Jack Theakston and Nora Fiore - the Nitrate Diva - at the Cinema Capitol upstate New York premiere of THE MASK. https://nitratediva.wordpress.com/

Check out that original three sheet!

The Mask 3.JPG

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Available on the DVD release only: MYSTIC MAGIC with the legendary magician, Harry Blackstone, Jr.

This rare 1982 footage was videotaped in anaglyphic 3-D and syndicated to television stations with THE MASK by 3D Video Corporation.

Here's a promotional photo sent to local newspapers.

Mask Blackstone.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Bob Furmanek said:
Available on the DVD release only: MYSTIC MAGIC with the legendary magician, Harry Blackstone, Jr.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why DVD only? I'd love to see this but I'm not sure that I'm willing to buy The Mask in both BD and DVD formats when the BD will be the only one I actually watch.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Bob Furmanek said:
ONE NIGHT IN HELL is exclusive to the Blu-ray and we wanted to offer something exclusive to the DVD as well.

The one-inch tape master is not high-resolution.

I hope the title sells well for the DVD and Blu-ray formats. Maybe this way you can see how much interest there is in anaglyphic 3D on a DVD. I'm only interested in Blu-ray 3D but if the DVD helps to recover your costs, I'm all for it.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I think I still have a couple of those MASK glasses from the eighties. I recall getting mine from 7-11, however, not Burger King. Of course, that was more than 30 years ago, so I could be wrong about the venue.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jobla said:
I think I still have a couple of those MASK glasses from the eighties. I recall getting mine from 7-11, however, not Burger King. Of course, that was more than 30 years ago, so I could be wrong about the venue.
I don't remember the specific movie but I do remember getting 3-D glasses from a 7-11 too. That promotion might have even been for a Revenge Of The Nerd sequel (?) on Fox but that would have been in the early 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks